04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
I have told mine before.

In 2015 we had 6 weeks of snow from late January to early March. My poor little snowdrop by my kitchen door. Lost under feet of snow! And then when the snow finally melted there was my brave little snowdrop ! Battered but not defeated! A symbol of our experiences here.

Why did you pick yours?

Mine is of my wife and me at Lewis Falls in Yellowstone National Park. This was the last trip we made before diagnosis and the last trip where I could still walk to some of my favorite features in the park. I could not walk far, but I could walk far enough out so that my little sister could take this shot.

It is one of my favorite pictures and also has a favorite memory. That is why I chose it for my avatar.

Steve

Mine is my little Ace. We've both been through a lot. Right after I fell on a run in 2013, he jumped off a chair and broke his leg in two places. Had to have a rod put in and being in a cast so long luxated both patellas. The following year, the year I started symptoms, he had surgery on his knee. He inspired me by never snapping, never complaining that he had to stay in his tent (crate) for most of the day and night, and always cooperating with anything that needed to be done to him.

Attachments

• Ace2013Christmas.jpg
    Ace2013Christmas.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 195
  • BabyAceBrockenLeg.jpg
    BabyAceBrockenLeg.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 180
I chose the Sombrero Galaxy because it can be seen from earth in the
Virgo Constellation. It has over a billion stars like our Milky Way.
And, most stars have planets circling them. There are a billion galaxies
in the universe.

Are we alone? I doubt it. Sheer math supports intelligent life exists
elsewhere in the universe.

If there is a creator over the entire universe… that creator can do this
(our earth) as many times as the creator wishes.

Maybe there is another earth just 100 years older than us and they have
cured ALS

Mine is of my Irish Terrier, Milo, 2002-2015.

He was the most stubborn, talkative, and opinionated dog I ever knew. I always thought he might make an interesting politician, though I doubt I would have agreed with his views.

But he was a great cuddler and always checked in with me on hikes if I let him off leash.

Dear Milo, gone, but not forgotten.

Mine is my cat Bowie, who usually alternates expressions between smug and outraged. He's going with outraged in this picture because he insisted on being let out in the snow, which he hates, and somehow I was responsible for it being there. The neighbourhood crows were also yelling at him, for which I was no doubt responsible too. He keeps me humble.

I admit, I picked this picture because he just looks so hilarious and it never fails to cheer me up.

nice thread!

Mine is a creation I made some years back. One of our amazing past CALS, barbie had an avatar of Xena, warrior princess and many of us CALS at a certain time began to decide we were not just princesses but Queens. This sparked a lot of silliness we obviously desperately needed, in naming what we were each queen of.

So I found a red-headed warrior princess (I'm not even sure if she is Xena or another superhero) image and took a photo of one of my koalas and popped him on her hip.

I have a long history of loving fantasy tales involving dragons. Not, what I consider crude tales, of knights slaying them. But the involved epic tales of them being majestic, powerful, wise, magical creatures that are very long-lived and so consider humans as rather like bugs for they are so short lived. Dragons who know the power of holding someone's name.

All my life I have fantasised about being able to ride on the back of a dragon ...

So there I am as a superhero, with dragon and koala fighting beside me, and of course my queen's crown is the finishing touch.

In many other social media sites I use this avatar, just minus the crown :)

I feel strong enough to tackle even the evil of ALS along with the destruction of our environment when I am this superhero ;)

For a couple of years before this avatar I had a close up of the face of Matilda the giant kangaroo mascot from the 1982 Commonwealth games. Seemed fitting for "Tillie" and I chose that avatar when the whole naming me Tillie thing happened. :lol:

Mine was selected during the time that Tillie (Affected) mentioned. That was a fun time on the forum!

Becky

I've tried several times for the past several months to get my profile pic as my avatar, but I cannot figure it out. Anyhoo, within my profile, my pic is of me and my best friend ('till the end) on our wedding day.

@ Bestfriendstilltheend click on User CP
On the left there is a link Edit Avatar.

Upload your pic there.

I know it's a bit odd but there is a profile pic and an avatar and they don't have to be the same ...

My Avatar is a sideways pic of Brian and I at a lovely gay bar near our home. It was about 4 months post Dx for him, and we went out a lot in those days. The fall weather that year was beautiful and we were just enjoying all we could.

Here, we are seated indoors on a cooler November night and I started snapping selfies. I'd been sad that night, and just felt so much better hugging and snapping pics.

@ Bestfriendstilltheend woohoo you did it! :D

This is Diesel, one of our two remaining outside cats. We have had at least 15 over the years...most uninvited guests who stayed. As a very young kitten he was found in the engine block of a semi truck at the end of the day. Our neighbor worked at the trucking company and brought him to us knowing our daughter would certainly talk us in to keeping him. So he stayed!

He became my friend outside, following me into the garden for as long as I was out. He went to every part of the property and just layed around in the flower beds or dirt while I worked.

I noticed last summer that he wasn't out in the gardens sleeping on hot days, but sitting on the porch or deck with me. He has been staying by my side even though the gardening days are over.

So, here he is laying on the porch while I was spending the afternoon with my computer instead of my garden hoe and spade. He has become my first ever avatar.

Cathy
(P.S. What is the secret/story to the little blue hearts preceding a person's screen name?)

The heart before a user name indicates they have enough seniority to access the private section of the forum. I think it is 500 posts but might be 300

They appear red to me because I view in version 1.

So you don’t feel you are missing out people don’t post very much in the private area

Diesel sounds like a sweetheart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back