Animal companions- share your pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bowie is a handsome fella just doing what cats do! I don't blame him for the "look" as I sometimes find the crows annoying as well!

Here's Kona!! Our funny-looking, but super sweet designer mutt ("mini-doodle" aka toy poodle/golden retriever). She is a faithful companion to her dad/PALS and like Nikki's cat, she thinks that every one of his visitors is here to to see her.

The first photo was taken just now on the couch watching her dad take a much needed nap. The other two are from this summer on Cape Cod (paddle-board photo was taken at the beginning of summer when she was newly shaved and the sunset was one of our last days there).

Attachments

• IMG_0720.jpg
    IMG_0720.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_2568.jpg
    IMG_2568.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_3192.jpg
    IMG_3192.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 159
I really want to keep this thread going so more people can post. Let’s keep those pictures coming.

Ours - black lab named Keira.

First is the day we got her and second is at 2.5 yrs old.

Ken & Kathy

Attachments

• Keira-April2016.jpg
    Keira-April2016.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 128
  • Keira_NagsHead_May2018.jpg
    Keira_NagsHead_May2018.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 137
Ace is such a good sport. When my cousin brought her SIX kids down for a visit, they had a field day dressing him up.

Attachments

• Ace2013Rain.jpg
    Ace2013Rain.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 128
  • AceMonkeyRider.jpg
    AceMonkeyRider.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 107
  • AcePope.jpg
    AcePope.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 118
Kim, I love your dress up pictures of Ace! What a saint. Here's one of Henry, we'll part dress up and part survival in the cold winters we get. Weims can't handle the cold.

Attachments

• IMG_0057.jpg
    IMG_0057.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 134
Hoping to keep this thread going. Any more animal companions? Birds? Fish?
Jim and Sue — how about updated pics of Elise and Willow?

Here’s the mug shot of my Jaime when she was up for adoption at our local animal shelter nearly 4 years ago. My good fortune. 924CF5C9-BA38-4770-B50F-7BEBEBE558E9.jpeg

Ace is a Toy Fox Terrier. Although only 7 pounds, his jaws are like a steel trap. They were bred for catching vermin. I have a friend who had a three-pound tiny girl that dragged home a fresh kill.....15 pound jack rabbit.

Attachments

• Ace19mths.JPG
    Ace19mths.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 132
This is a picture of my housemate with his Italian Greyhound, Cricket. She and Ace were best friends.

Attachments

• Christmas 2009.JPG
    Christmas 2009.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 117
Cricket and my Cornish Rex, Elizabeth became close friends. She identified as a dog.

Attachments

• Cricket & Elizabeth.jpg
    Cricket & Elizabeth.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 130
Prior to Keira (see above), we had our beloved Bailey, a chocolate lab. She passed suddenly at 10 yrs old.

Keira filled a big void in our hearts and home.

Attachments

• Bailey.JPG
    Bailey.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 125
Great pics. Keep ‘em coming!

OK... while our dogs were both our companions, my horses were my zen. Amoroso IV (grey), aka Amo, aka Pig Pen and Fuerte ( bay) , IMG_1215.JPG IMG_1252.JPG IMG_1254.JPG IMG_0417.JPG aka Fu, aka home invader.( Sorry, didn't know how to put in order.)

Lisa, I admire your ability to get a cat to tolerate wearing a sweater. We tried ONCE with Bowie and he started to move like he was powered by clockwork and backed slowly off the table and keeled over on his side when he hit the floor. He refused to move till the shirt was removed and then he behaved like nothing had happened.

Kate, beautiful horses! They have such lovely eyes.

Karen, I have a huge fondness for brindle coated doggos. Your dog is beautiful.

Kim, you could have your very own thread of Ace wearing outfits. He's obviously a huge character.

This is my bunch from a couple weeks ago. The cat, after 7 years, has suddenly discovered the front door opens to a whole new world and has decided his only goal in life is to leave the house through it- and yells whenever someone exits through it without him. However, when he's been given the chance, he bottles out and just sits on the sill and glares at the neighbours.

From left to right: Bowie, Daisy, Theodore (Theo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back