Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
US
State
wv.
City
renick
Found out yesterday from pcp that hospice denied me.

Reason given, they saw me at a movie and I was laughing!

Hey I couldn’t help it, it was Will Ferrell’s and John C.Riley in Holmes and Watson!

Not kidding about this

Chally

Ridiculous. VA or civilian? Dying people aren’t allowed to laugh? That is not a hospice I want near me

That’s ridiculous. At least I could understand the vent part with Brian, but laughing - really??

Hopefully you can find a much better agency.

Hugs

This is no laughing matter! My PALS laughed the very day he died and I'm pretty sure you will, too. Don't let this spoil your humor. Good look searching for another agency!

steer clear of that hospice! Laughing is how we get through this mess. Hope you have other choices. Hospice has been helpful to us in many ways.

no way you don't qualify!

My pcp is VA. SHE couldn’t believe it

Only hospice around that I know of

I'm so enraged to hear this. I don't know whether to cry or write a letter.

Maybe you should get your local newspaper involved.

Probably need someone to write a letter of appeal to the hospice organization.

Whatever you do, keep on laughing.

I'm beyond shocked Chally - don't take this mate, raise a riot! :shock:

Here is the Medicare hospice finder. There are 43 hospices that serve WV to some extent (some are officed in other states; that's common; the nurses drive around). Click on the name of any hospice in the results list to see more details.

Last edited:
Get all that amazing family and friends in your photos to help straighten this out. Make some noise Chally! This isn't right! I wish I could come help. There has to be something that can be done. And Chally.....NEVER stop laughing.

Chally, I would think you have a right to know who saw you and what was their title
from the VA. And... how do they know it was you.? If your Hospice was to be through
the VA... it had to have been a VA employee.

Do you belong to the PVA? Being diagnosed with ALS the PVA is your best Vet
representative.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the support

Better believe I won’t stop laughing

Also there gonna be some real fighting over this BS

Thanks Laurie for the info

Love ya all
Chally

That is just ridiculous. At least you are still laughing!

Good luck with your fight against it.

Steve

I would be VERY interested to hear how this would pan out after the media were involved. Like, that's a very bad look on the part of whatever organization decided going to a movie means you're fine without. It's an absolutely ludicrous thing thing to use as justification. LAUGHING? How dare you!!

And Al asks a very good question- just who was watching you (were they following you?) and decided you can't be eligible for hospice on account you showed joy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back