Whatever happened...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds beautiful Al. In the long run I guess it doesn't matter who puts the lights up just as long as you get pleasure in seeing them when all is said and done. I really could picture your house in mind mind. Sounds lovely.

Kim and Jlynn, thanks for the compliments.

We had to put up all the decorations because this is the last year we will be here.

We're on 3 acres of land on the side of a hill. The house is closely surrounded
with 100' oak trees. The last hurricane that brushed us had one of those 100'
come down on our back deck. Fortunately is was the top part of the tree.
No damage to the deck.

But, I had to pay a guy to cut it up and haul it away. I have a chain saw in my
building bigger than the one he brought. My days of running one of those has
passed.

I can no longer keep this place up.

Our basement is also a two car garage. So, the house is really three stories.
I can barely deal with the stairs anymore.

We have talked to our real estate agent to get the sale started next year.
(In a few hours... this year.)

Our hope is a one level town house with a garage close to her son and wife.

Again, thanks for the compliments.

I totally agree about needing to pay for someone to come do things that you used to do on your own. I had my house cleaned for the first time last week...husband just can't keep up with it. He is the manager of a national retail store, so he has had very little time for anything other than taking care of me and work.

Have needed someone to help do everything this year for Christmas...tree, decorations, wrapping, shopping, baking. And I haven't done half of what I used to do.

So, back to the conversation...tree just came down yesterday because I had help! Rest of the decorations, lights, garland won't come down until more help arrives next week. We appear to be the first family in the development without lights/tree. It's Ohio so maybe a "northern thing".

Cathy

Al,
We have also just spent our last Christmas in our two-story house. Friends just came yesterday to make my steps into the house shorter and with more grab holds for me. House goes for sale in March. Everyday the steps get harder. We are also looking for a one story handicapped accessible condo.

Feeling guilty about the need to leave our wonderful house...but also excited to have easier access to every part of the house. We built this house when the kids were young...gorgeous view on a hillside, lots of land.

Cathy

Al I am in the same boat as you, had a tree come down at the cottage a friend come over and cut it up. I have a brand new chain saw in the shed. Bought a honkin big snowblower, now my son has it. All my plumbing tools went to a friend and my carpentry tools when to my grandson. It really sucks to have to sit and watch.
Al

Al, I have a full shop, complete automotive tool cabinets, power miter box that can
cut a 4 x 4, table saw, three Skill saws, power hack saws, chain saws, a big 2002 SUV
in perfect condition with a 5 ton hitch and the trailer to go with it. The days of
hooking up that trailer are over. I could go on and on.

Ann has furniture and collectibles from her mother and grandmother plus a full
craft room and more. We have way too much furniture to move into a townhouse.

All of my family is down in Florida, her family really isn't interested her stuff.

We have decided to have an auction. We are not going to be here when it
happens. I don't want to see what my stuff goes for and she feels the same for
her stuff. Her son, wife and a friend will be here for the auction.

I just want to come back and have the auctioneer hand me the check.

You gotta do what you gotta do. Move on and let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back