Moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday had some highlight, but personally not good

I was a mess. I think it’s all finally starting to hit. Not the best timing, but I need to get through the worst of it. Knowing it will never truly be over, but I’ve got to get past the biggest black hole.

On the good side. Mom went to the PCP and she is able to get a finger stick Coumadin level. Made her day. She has such trouble with them trying to get blood. Many reasons for that, small veins that roll and she doesn’t drink enough, not even close so I’m sure she chronically dehydrated.

Dad was approved for another week of rehab that insurance will cover. Have to find out how the new drug did last night and if he slept.

Today I have my hair appt that got completely lost in the shuffle on Tues. I knew I had it, but with all the phone calls with the rehab facility, the Dr etc I completely forgot.

Hoping for a better day. Didn’t wake to the best, but I want it to go uphill from here, at least a little bit.

Well yesterday didn’t turn out as hoped. The visiting nurse came to drain Mom. Well whatever cuff they used said she was 84/60 so she would not do it. Called the Dr and off to the ER. She spent the night and they got her good and drained. Things should be in order for Monday when the nurse is due to visit again. Will call her shortly but it was her dinner time.

Called Dad’s place today, they said he must have slept through the night as he wasn’t at the nurses station this morning. That was good new.

I did get some work stuff done today, that also was good and made it to the post office.

Feeling better today.

Hugs

Sue I wish there were words - you are still burning at least 2 candles at both ends somehow and it must be like a constant rush hour feeling xxx

Some days Tillie it is like rush hour.

DD is home and we dropped off her car to be inspected before she heads back tomorrow. Today she will get her groceries, finish up any laundry that needs doing and maybe, depending on weather, we will visit each of my folks.

I’d like to get my files in order so I’m ready to submit my taxes. Then plan a vaca early Feb if I can everything ready. We will see. Won’t purchase tickets until I’m sure I’m good to go.

Feeling decent this morning.

Hurray for feeling decent Sue! I can only imagine all that did hit you at once.

This morning I myself am not miserable, so celebrating “okay” with you.

Go on that vacation. We know in a special way that life is short and we need to enjoy all we can.

Where are you thinking of having that vacation? :)

Hi all,

Yesterday had a couple of bumps in the road, mostly for DD. The car she is trying to sell, the shifter was stuck. Thankfully one of the guys that works for us also works on cars. He popped over and we got it sorted rather easily. Crisis averted. Did not visit the folks.

I did get most of the plants from the funeral repotted yesterday. Forgot about one that need a pot. Have to buy another.

Today DD got successfully back to school. DS was here before she left to have her look at his arm. He then upgraded my headlights in my vehicle. He bought me brighter and LED bulbs for Christmas and today put them in. Have to try them at night now. Then a friend whose wife is a PALS, stopped by and picked up supplies they could use from my supply closet. Felt good to get so much stuff out and to someone who could use it. Sat and chatted with him for a while too.

Then I finally got my files organized to move into 2019. I just have to empty a box of recipts into the box with the other files and I can put away 2018. That’s for tomorrow. Tonight I rest and probably knit.

It’s been a good day.

I did end up knitting last night. Started a new project. It’s coming along nicely

Today I checked on work, then headed to Mom’s. We were able to get her drained there in the room. Watched what the nurse did. Easy peasy, I could definitely do it if needed. I didn’t doubt it, but it’s nice to know anyway.

Then up to visit dad. He’s doing better than he was and the therapist said he was much more alert and attentive today. Good news there.

Brought home dad’s laundry which is just about done and Mom’s xxl sheet to wash. I will go back Thursday to be with her as she’s drained again. She asked for me to come. Then I’ll drop off Dad’s laundry and check on him.

Then hit the grocery and got those receipts put in the proper place. I’ve been chilling and knitting since.

It’s been a good day.

So awesome that you can have some good days!!!

Sue it's good to see you are only stuffing the work of 2 -3 people into every day now instead of 10 :lol:

Seriously, that is great about your mum, I think that drain will make everything easier for her and all of you. Enjoy every moment you get to move slower, or do something you enjoy xxx

Tillie I had to LOL about being 2-3 people yesterday. Funny, but I guess because I’ve been so busy, it didn’t seem overly stressful. It was tiring, as I haven’t been going out all that much, but not a bad day.

Today, I have to go make a paper exchange at work. Before going I will probably do some work stuff as well, as in sending the w-2’s to the Feds. Oh and I need to pick up 1099’s. That needs done and sent off as well. Then I can print for the Acct and that will be on it’s way to being completed.

I’d also like to get through my personal Tax receipts so I can put that to bed as well. Then onto Mom and Dads.

That may be the organizing I do for today. Not sure yet, will see how all of that goes.

Oh and I want to stop and get some cabbage. DS got me a fermenting kit I asked for, for Christmas, and I want to try making some sauerkraut. That will be fun. Then a WO with DS this afternoon.

Tomorrow is my volunteer thing in the morning and that’s all that is on the agenda for then so far.

I’m learning to take things in small chunks. :)

I so wish I was stopping here with some good news for a change.

Roads were icy yesterday so I didn’t leave the house. I did however plow through a good chunk of things. However, I received a call from the Soc Worker at the rehab facility where my dad is currently. They received word the insurance is denying him more time. My brother and I appealed, not sure that will make a difference, but at least we have tried.

So as of Sat, we have to private pay for this very expensive facility, as the place he was isn’t willing to take him back yet since he still has the foley. The foley he is obsessing about and wants to get out. The appt with Urology isn’t until Next Thursday. Hopefully then it will come out and we can get him back to a better place mentally.

In the interim, I looked up other possibilities and I have a phone call to make today to see if this other place is better equipped to care for him. It would definitely be a lot less expensive.

I guess there is a glimmer of good. Heard from the DME company and they will be sending out Mom’s drainage containers. Have to head there shortly as she gets drained today. That means I can send back the ones I ordered on Amazon. The medicare co-pay is less expensive.

I finally got to start a container of sauerkraut yesterday, we will see how that works.

I also found a place to take all the extra supplies I have from Brian, that my friend who’s wife took a bunch can’t use. I have to get those packed up. Then I get get more of the cleaning done in that room. I want it settled, because it unsettles me.

Hugs to all

I feel the same way about unsettled, unorganized and unclean...

I hope you get some good answers on dads situation. Ugh! Dealing with insurance can suck the life out of you!

Update on Dad, the appeal was denied. So Sat things get very expensive. Xing fingers that after the foley is out, we can get him back to his normal place.

Did visit mom today for her draining, but the visiting nurse did not come while I was there. Good to see Mom, but had other things I would have liked to accomplished.

1/2 of the supplies are now officially out of my home. The rest will probably go next week. Have to reach back out to the ALS Assoc to come get the stuff for the loaner closet. When all of that left, it was a weird feeling, just packing it up was weird. Hit’s you.

It’s been snowing the past few hours. Seems to have stopped a bit, but for how long, who knows.

Sue I hope you can get this sorted with dad quickly now.

I was lucky that a couple of friends came the day after Chris passed and MND NSW had a truck here and all the loan equipment was loaded and gone and they helped me haul all the furniture back out of the spare room. (half the house had ended up piled to the ceiling in one room as equipment increased).

I appreciated that I didn't sit and look at empty equipment, even though it really was super fast, it worked out well to just deal with that side of things.

It was kind of less weird packing it up in a real rush the next day as I was still in hyper-vigilant-CALS mode, so it was just clean-pack-done!

I know that other straggling things later felt more weird after some time had passed. hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back