Moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is so great! Enjoy, enjoy!

Yay Sue! You go girl! So happy for you.

Well yesterday ended up quite a bit different than I had planned. DD texted me first thing saying she woke is tears. I called immediately. She was so upset, missing Brian. Since she’s only 2 hours away, off I went. Packed up my dog, change of clothes etc and went to visit her. She’s mid term with lots on her plate and she just broke.

She’s doing better now. I left this morning and came back as I was invited to a brunch with the ladies from my old neighborhood. It was AWESOME. To reconnect with these girls, it was like I never left. A few heart breaking stories in the group. Two of the women lost their sons. One before we moved and the other 3 years ago. So having this time was wonderful.

In a few months I will invite them all here to my place. We are hoping to get together a few times a year.

Hugs

Sorry about DD, but glad things ended on an up note. Wonderful to reconnect with friends when it's like you've never been gone!

So let’s see, on Monday DD had a practical which she did extremely well on and that gave her a much needed boost.

I stayed in that day as when I took the dog out, the extreme winds blew something in my eye and then I had a nasty headache all day.

Yesterday I went to Mom’s, lucky me, she had had an accident and I needed to clean her up. Yup it’s always about the poop. I’m well versed in the task, so nothing difficult to handle, just kind of like you’be got to be kidding. Didn’t say that to her obviously. Then we wrote out some thank you notes to get in the mail.

When I left there I had to go pick up Dad’s death certs from the VA. Then back home and we got lucky and someone bought DD’s car. Another thing off the plate.

Then today I had my volunteer thing. I love it there, but I came home feeling like I was hit by a truck again. Not sure why, this was something I did, DH was not involved. Maybe because it’s my old life, I don’t know. I’ve worked it from home for the past 2 years. Maybe just something that says, you can go again because Brian isn’t here. I’m tired of stuff being hard.

Mailed a bunch of stuff out for Mom and those over due thank you’s I needed to send. One more thing to mail for her.

Then I hit walmart and DS came and gave me a good WO.

I would sure like to have something be easy again.

Sorry just in a funk today.

Sue, wishing you an easy day or two in your near future. You need it more than anyone I can think of! Big hug!!

Sue, you get to me in a funk... You have had your share of things that could make you feel that way. Hoping tomorrow is a out of that funk kind of day!

Yesterday was up and down. I had a hair appt which was good, then some retail therapy, didn’t want to come home. I did, had dinner and off to see my nephew in Grease. He did a great job. These were all middle schoolers - early teens for those not from the US

It was wonderful and hard. I wished Brian could have been there or at least I could have told him about it. That was the hard part

Today, my puppy is getting groomed and DS is supposed to come and help with the bedroom.

Life

Yesterday it was off to see Mom for a bit. I also treated myself to some new yarn. Got a nice birthday surprise from my local yarn shop, so off I went.

I’ve got so many projects in my mind. That’s a good thing as I’m having a rough day today. Missing my Dad. Seems I move back and forth on who I’m grieving by the day or the hour.

Hugs all

New projects are always good :)

I think that anything that gives some kind of joy is wonderful, at any time, but especially when grieving!

So our quick little holiday was very enjoyable. It was good to get away, but then it was back to reality.

Today I was trying to work in the room a bit, as it’s not going to do itself. Could only do so long and then it just brought tears.

On top of that, work s*cks right now, so no pleasure there either. Can’t wait for my vaca later in the month.

Hang in there everyone

I'm so glad you had a little time away - did you both pamper yourselves and each other a bit? I hope it wasn't just you pampering DD but both of you :)

Keep focusing on that vaca coming up xx

One day at a time Sue. I'm so happy for you that you had some relaxing time. Keep on keepin' on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back