Moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sue,

I am so sorry for the loss of your Dad and it being so close in time to losing Brian. Praying for you and your family , Kate

Take care of yourself, Sue. Peace and strength to you and your mom.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you everyone. Got a great nights sleep last night 8 hours and 50 min. That’s huge for me. Did some exercise and eating a good breakfast. Then I have to do work stuff, esp payroll since I will be MIA for the next few days.

Thank you again everyone, what a blessed place this is.

Hugs

I am catching up here Sue, as I just can't bring myself to visit this forum too often. Sending you a big hug - I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your father. Like you said, you have lost the 2 most influential men of your life in the short span of 60 days. I am glad that Brian and your father are free from the demons of their respective diseases.

Just getting moving here. First stop is the bank safety deposit for my folks deed to the cemetery. Then we meet there this afternoon for final planning. Tomorrow is viewing and Wed the funeral.

Thank you everyone for your great support.

I’m praying after this, I get a break.

Hugs

Having tragedy in your life is just so much work. Good that your mom doesn't have to go through this alone. Hugs to you!

If you don't get that break, you'll have to grab it and ruuuuuuuuun!

Sue, I am so sorry for your loss... It is a lot happening in such a short time but you really are brave person.
Hugs,
Adriana

Thank you everyone. The funeral was today. It was very nice and mom is doing well at this point. As those of us who have been there know it will hit her at some point.

Early night for me.

Thank you Bonnie.

I did a bit of work yesterday, then went and got myself a new phone. My was having more and more issues and the battery was dying. It was old, so I finally bit the bullet. Hopefully I’ll have this one as many years as the last.

Today is a WO with my DS, and then lots of paper work on my plate along with groceries.

Hugs all

I’m so sorry for the loss of your dad Sue. Just so very much to handle all at once.

Thank you Lenore.

Yesterday I started the phone calls for Mom that I’ve basically just completed for Brian’s things. I also did some finances and got a good bit of things accomplished.

This morning I have to go fetch the death cert for Dad so the phone calls and paper works can move forward. I also need to order the lunch for our employees. The Christmas lunch that was put off due to Brian and then Dad. It will be Friday. Unfortunately the 2 places are in completely opposite directions. And it’s Saturday Blah.

I did sleep in a bit this morning and got in my exercise. Ready to face the day.

Sunday I went to church, had lunch and took a 2 hour nap. Mostly lazed the day away. Felt great.

Yesterday was back to business with a bunch of work stuff on the docket. Did my exercise and got in some cleaning in Brian’s room. Took down the drapes and laundered those. Want to paint, so they will stay down for now. Trying to prep for painting, the walls need a good scrubbing first as does the floor.

Today I have errands on the list. Out to work, stop at the accountant to drop off my taxes and have a dentist appt in there too.

If there is time left after all of that, I will work in the room a bit more.

Hugs

You've been through a heck of a lot in a short time, Sue. I'm sorry for the loss of your love and now the loss of your dad. Big hugs to you.

Well yesterday went sideways quickly.

When I pulled out my tax stuff I realized, nope not ready to be dropped off, so I need to get after that, so did not drop that yesterday.

Going into work is not good. Seems every time I have a bad day afterwards. That was Brian’s pride and joy. Not sure how I will make it through the employee holiday party on Friday. We put it off due to Brian’s passing.

Then DS came over in the afternoon to do my WO and said he wants to take me out Sat. Well that cause a fountain of tears. Sat would have been our 34th anniversary. That’s why DS wants to be with me.

In the middle of that before DS, DD called. She was in tears. She has a test to retake, not a major deal, but it sent her over the edge. I explained to her it wasn’t the test but everything we’ve been through. She went back to class and the instructor sent her home. They have been so good to her there. So I am not in a good place this week.

I know it’s because I’m finally getting a chance to grieve. And I know holidays/anniversaries will be hard. This just S*cks so bad right now.

Hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back