Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
DE
State
BW
City
Stuttgart
The good memories of my boyfriend are something I cherish, his weaknesses and quirks are something to chuckle about with friends. I'm a happy and pretty much trigger-free widow.

Except when one of our PALS here takes leave. That always pulls the rug from under me and I howl like a hound. I wouldn't even say it brings it all back. It's just that one unshakable shaken post that tells us that someone is GONE.

But then... they're somehow not. A very good friend asked me if it was crazy that he talked to my dead PALS in his head, like he used to talk through his everyday grievances with him to get his perspective. That made me smile. It makes my boyfriend the best researched fictional character and immortal at the same time.
I don't consult with my dead boyfriend because I was always right anyway. ;) But it comes natural to me to take on some of his partialties. Spinning his records, even enjoying good burgers more and of course be better friends with "his" friends. I'm so thankful to have inherited all that.

Wish it sounds like you’ve got a pretty good handle going. I hope and pray it lasts. My MIL was the same with the loss of my FIL. It was about a year in when she really started missing him. We are all different though and I’m thrilled you are happy. :)

Hugs

Great to hear from you Wish ! Still the sassy girl I so enjoyed reading the posts from. Take care, Kate

I love your attitude and always love hearing from you. It sounds like you’re grieving in a healthy way. I’m glad you seem to be enjoying life.

Wish, how wonderful to read your post.

I have noticed that I'm taking on more of Matt's traits. Maybe I'm no longer fighting for my own identity--I'm not sure, but I feel his strength. I'm also enjoying food like I never have before--something that was huge with him.

I thought I was strange. Thanks for letting me know that I'm not alone.

Becky

You are inspiring me Wish, I am glad you are happy.

Wish, great to hear from you. I am glad that you are moving along well with your life, ...... no regrets, and keeping the memory of your BF alive. I am trying to do the same.

Wish i didnt know u lost your Pals, my deepest sympathies and condolences . Shows how self absorted i have become all this time. Iam glad you are ok, you are such an inspiration to me. He was a lucky guy to have u.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back