Dust off the Bar......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Alan Alda is still alive— age 82. I found out his birth name was something totally different. Interesting what you learn on Wikipedia.

Al, MASH theme, sure, too easy. But I'm sober so I can't play. ;)

Not such a funny theme song for a frequently humourous show, eh?
I had an excellent music instructor in high school who chose the MASH theme song for a concert and caused quite a scandal with the parents. We students were thrilled.

Loretta Swit and Jamie Farr are still around too.

Wait, we can't be sober for this? It's 9:30am for me!

I can't even the time right. It's actually 10am. Clearly I am impaired in some way?

I'll let that count. Proceed the games!

Interesting story... after MASH I met Larry Linville (Maj Frank Burns) RIP in the
Green Room after a local play he starred in.

That character he played in MASH really pigeon holed his acting career after MASH.
As a several of us entered the Green Room we were told... "Do not call him Frank...
it's Larry or Mr. Linville."

Sure enough the couple in front of us the guy said, "Frank... it's so great to meet
you." Larry straightened him out with as sharp a reply as he was the character in
MASH,. Alan Alda was the only member of the cast that was able to shed off the
his character in MASH.

Back to Trivia.

What part of Radar's body was hidden as much as possible during the filming
of the series?

Last edited:
I recuse myself from this game. We are huge MASH fans and have likely watched all of the episodes multiple times over. Radar has a special place in my heart- as well as one of the anchors of that show, he is an astoundingly accomplished jazz musician.

Larry Linville's Frank Burns character was so petty and petulant, but so funny. I am saddened to hear it piqeonholed him like that. He did his job too well, poor guy. Al, thanks for the anecdote.

Fiona, hate to tell you this but... the reason Radar (Gary Burhgoff) was written out of the series may surprise you.

He was an superb actor in his roll but... off stage, off camera he was confrontational, disagreeable with Alan Alda and several of the supporting actors and actresses.

It was rumored that Alan Alda said... it was going to be Gary or him.

Back to trivia... what body part of Radar was most hidden during the series filming?

Off the top (without Google)

'Suicide is painless' comes to mind as the lyric that offended many. One of Gary's hands was deformed in some way and always hidden.

Radar loved animals and was very short sighted wasn’t he ? Does it count to have a beer now considering it’s 9.15 pm here under the flooding rain ?
Thanks for this game now I feel like watching the series again and showing my dad.

wow, 5am here and you guys have been in the pub all night long!

Huge M*A*S*H* fan here too tho I haven't watched an episode in many years now I must have watched it so many times.

Didn't know about Gary's hand, fun trivia :)

There are few word games we could play, some years back I started a sentence game and we went for ages on it, over 1000 turns. Let me know and I'll start a thread for it.

Ahhh that cup of tea is good, I'm glad this pub serves everything ;)

I could never understand why Hotlips was interested in Frank, but I’m sure that was part of the humor.

Tillie, the sentence game sounds fun. Maybe start it as another thread?

Before we move onto the sentence game.

For those who may have satellite TV... one of them has MASH episodes back to back for as many as 8 or 10 in a row.

This past weekend that one had a MASH marathon. They'll do it again.

I guess onto something else. :)

Ooops one more. Who did not appear on the Andy Griffith Show after it went from black and
white to color? Hint... he won an Emmy for directing one of the color episodes.

Sorry another edit. Karen, concerning Hotlips... it goes back the original movie script MASH.

And Radar was the only actor of the original movie who moved from the movie to the TV series. :)

Last edited:
oh the sentence game is going into a seperate thread, no need to interrupt the bar - and it can be played when drinking or not, so you don't even have to be at the pub ;)

I know I'm going to have to hunt down and watch M*A*S*H* again in order from the start once again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back