It's always 5pm somewhere in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dear friend, Tillie...

I'd feel privileged and honored to drink (or not drink) with you anytime and anywhere in the world. I'd only ask for 6 months advance notice so that I can make all proper arrangements! :)

My best!

Jim

Here I am again.
Once again Tillie, thank you very much for reopening the Pub. It's been a weekend of having to be "brave and strong", and I'm getting a little tired of it!
Thinking a lot right now about Sooner. I hope she's holding up alright.
So here's a question. Is there anyone here who remembers PZ? Another name that I wish I'd had the opportunity to know.

Angie.

Kim that was a great song on the jukebox thanks for putting your coin in and giving it a whirl!

Hey Jim I'll drink to that idea!

Pete that was such black humour I was literally stunned so many times in the first minute, then while I did do some sharp intakes of breath I kind of settled in for the ride. This pub is eye-opening for sure!

Angie I googled PZ and am not sure if I found who you mean - do you have a youtube link you can post? Always good to hear the jukebox crank out new music (especially when it's old music I haven't heard before).

Here's a mid afternoon cup of tea to the best people I've ever met - cheers!

Wilson oh yeah!!

I'm making my first ever christmas cake tomorrow. I know right!
My grandmother always made it for so many years of my life, until she was somewhere in her 90's anyway.

Then I ended up enjoying this amazing aussie one that was 70% fruit/nuts.

This year I couldn't find it anywhere so I thought, oh surely it's time I made one!

Thursday night here, and there is pile of fruit/nuts now soaking overnight in a super rum and juice mix. We have a juice here called nudie juice as it is pure juice, no sweeteners and no water added. So rum and a mango/passionfruit crushie is prepping the mix for me to tackle my first christmas cake AND my first vegan cake ever.

My DS and his partner are vegan, so everything for the day is always a vegan extravaganza. I love the food and love the experience of experimenting with new recipes. I even bought some christmas cookie cutters to cut the beetroots and sweet potatoes for one of the salads so they will look festive.

I may or may not have had a nice shot of the rum after I measured out the fruit soaking needs.

Sweet project! I think it's highly professional to sample the critical ingredients. Are you using the Bundaberg rum? In Germany people tend to use the most hideous 70% rum for baking. Cheap bastards.

Christmas cake sounds like the definition of a high calorie diet. We got a parcel today from a dear friend packed with six different kinds of amazing looking Christmas cookies. Can't wait to dig into them, especially the experimental ones with Earl Grey tea.

Oh, I have been away too much. It's so nice to see the pub open and full.

I think maybe I've withdrawn because when I'm not immersed in my own little world of ALS I need to get away from it, but the pub, where we just enjoy each other, is a great place to pop in and say hi.

Jim, can I meet up with you and Tillie? A trip to see her rain forest keeps showing up on my bucket list....

Becky

Hey, can I get you a drink? Today's special is a lavender-lemon balm Martini I just made up.

We will be enjoying a bit of apple on Christmas.....Apple Crown Royal with Apple Pie soda. We have to go to the specialty store for the soda, but the combination is divine!

wishmobbing oh yes it's a Bundaberg brand of rum - a bundy as we say.

The one I bought for the cake is not what I usually drink as it is the overproof and no point baking all that extra alcohol out. So I had fun discussing rum in the bottle-o and choosing one I've not tried before so I get a treat to drink over the next month or so.

I did mention earlier in the thread I think about the bundy rum having a polar bear as the logo and if course his name is bundy and he features in some pretty funny advertisements and has become a strange kind of icon for us even if obviously we don't have polar bears here.

This is the one I used.

Attachments

• IMG_3613.jpg
    IMG_3613.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 136
Oh Becky we could have such a party in the rainforest, I know we are going to do this one day! Glad you found the pub. Actually it's 6am for me, and it reminds me of when I was nursing and after night duty we would go for one drink in the early openers in the middle of Sydney city - they were very sleazy places ugh!

This pub of course is never sleazy - it is always 5pm after all!

Littlered I'm totally in the dark with those two drinks - are they both a kind of apple cider?

Wishmobbing is shouting today hooray! Fillerup :lol:

Tillie, Crown Royal is a type of whiskey we drink on special occasions. They came out with Apple about the time we were playing with different flavor combinations of adult beverages. Then we found the apple pie flavored soda, so we tired that. It's very appley, but yummy and warms the innards!

It's nice to have a cocktail with everyone!

Cindy

Littlered, I love Apple Crown on the rocks. I’ll have to look for the apple pie soda!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back