Diagnosis
12/2016
Country
US
State
Florida
City
West Melbourne
Got my g-tube last month. Haven't had any issues with it and my weight loss has stabilized. I have just been letting it dangle rather than tape it up at night. So Saturday morning, I wake up and grabbed the cover to throw them off of me and "surprise":shock: Somehow I had managed to grab the tube as well as the cover and snatched it right out, balloon and all. A pretty fast trip to the ER and they replaced it without any issues. Now I sleep with a t-shirt on :p

Hy there Chief, perhaps a little more gentle in the morning and a little tape may act as a warning. I try hard not to do that.
Al

Ow! That's painful! My GI yanked my initial tube out when swapping it for the mic-key valve and that hurt like a muther. Glad you got put back together quickly.

My wife had to take over pulling my t-shirt on in mornings. The volunteer care assistant kept snagging my MIC-KEY button and they were needing replacement once a month.

One time when we did the 3 hour drive to the ALS Clinic, after arriving we found the MIC-KEY laying on my lap. Simply reinserting it couldn't be done. The hole had already begun to heal closed.

I spent that afternoon in radiology, instead of clinic, having painful expansion of the hole

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back