Pub is back in business....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad you enjoyed the pictures.

Sorry to hear about your dad.

Vacation is great no matter where you go.

The wine cooler sounds great!

Well, I am finding myself at a huge loss of things to do. I feel like I need a job to do. I painted the hallway walls and ceiling. When I slow down it is so hard. Tonight was a margherita and 2 sam adams....a big meal and dessert. Waaay too many calories

I was looking for this post last night. I have two michelob ultras and pizza I wish I could find some of your motivation gooseberry.

I was up very late last night. I couldn't sleep so I poured myself a glass of wine and looked at the pictures in the album tab. Sooner wife your pics brought back so many memories of our trip there. See you will always have those memories. I decided to post pics of some of my family including Cinders who passed and patch. We have had both for 15 years.

I know it's unbelievable how bad my luck is right now. Went to docs Thursday for my three month zolft visit and told doc about some issues I have been having with swollen feet, falling asleep at work and a few other things. He was very worried about my heart so did an ekg. Took two more and they all three came back abnormal. My husband and best friend both said I was making gasping notices at night. Anyways, doc almost sent me to the hospital but I asked him not to so he got a cardiovascular doctor to see me Tuesday. I am worried. Can't have any major issues right now. When it rains it pours. Need a rainbow and another glass of wine.

My pics are in the album section. It was nice looking through others.

Soonerwife, It isnt motivation but keeping the demons at bay so I can function the rest of the time.

Scared, I had a full heart workup in January due to chest pain. My ekg was abnormal but the echo and stress test showed nothing. I hope it works out the same for you.

scaredwifetx, I will be praying that everything comes back normal. I am going to have to look through the albums too. I think I will join you for a glass of wine tonight. Thinking of you my friend!

Sorry goosberry, too bad we can't just have good ole motivation. I hope things get better for you soon. Maybe you should join scaredwifetx and I in a glass of wine.

Sooner, 2 sam adams and a margarita last night. Tasty but.....cant do that with my meds. Have to make sure I am sober when I take them. I dont mean to imply it is all bad, mostly it isnt. Somedays it is just hard to enjoy the down time because it feels like so long since I have had any.

Had a friend date for breakfast then came back and talked at the house for a couple hours. It has been almost 3 yrs since anyone has come to my house for me. I feel like I almost dont know how to relax.

It feels weird saying these things here when you are all going thru the difficult grind of als.

It feels weird saying these things here when you are all going thru the difficult grind of als.

All I will want for my wife is for her to find a way to live as normal a life again as possible. I am glad to hear of anything that makes you feel a little bit more "normal". I am sure Steve would want the same for you.

Scared, all the best with your issues! Kind of like Gooseberry, My mom had a full cardiac workup five years ago after an abnormal EKG and all was well.

Gooseberry, how nice to have someone over just for you. Tripete, the love and kindness of the PALS continues to impress me. My husband said something very much like what you say about your wife and we were just diagnosed a few weeks ago. I felt bad this morning because I burst into tears when he was talking about just how far he would go with this before he checks out. I try never to do that in front of him because I don't want him to feel worse.

We are going out for drinks tonight. The weather is perfect here (so rare for Minneapolis any time of year!) so we are truly joining you in having a few.

"We are going out for drinks tonight. The weather is perfect here (so rare for Minneapolis any time of year!) so we are truly joining you in having a few. "

I absolutely Love Minnesota! I have been a Vikings fan since I was a little one. A few weeks after my diagnosis my wife took me to TFC stadium to see my first live game. It was incredible, 6 degrees but incredible! And we won beating the Bears handily.

It's not even 8AM here but I feel like I want to fill my Vikings glass with an Ale and start the day. We hope to get to the new stadium this year as well - if I can hang on.

The two photos are from us at the game.

Attachments

• CP at Vikes.jpg
    CP at Vikes.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 222
  • minn.jpg
    minn.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 222
Pete, watching football in 6 degree weather makes you an honorary Minnesotan! We have tickets for an October game that I won at work.

I am touched a non local would take on Vikings fandom. It's a challange, but our coach is I think leading the team to bigger and better things :)

must be time for the next chapter in your book Pete, you have left us on the edge of our seats ;)

Chapter 2
I stood watching the TV, I like watching it, we never got around to such inventions in Atlantis, we were too busy proclaiming our dominance over the world. After a few minutes of watching it, while Yvette slept, I looked down at Hera and hesitantly said, “I guess I should try to help.” The beautiful white cat with big green eyes looked up at me as though I was ignorant, stood, turned her back side to me, raised her tail, and then walked over to the day bed that the young lady slept on. She gently leapt up on the bed, walked in a complete circle, then tucked herself in close to the exhausted woman, she stared at me, blinked her eyes, flattened her ears and purred herself to sleep.

I walked through the front door and headed down the steps, yes through the door, no I did not open it and walk through it – I simply “walked through it". Man made objects cannot hold us, confine us or stop us. We can simply go right through them. We cannot physically interact with anything that has been made by or altered by humans -no matter the material . Natural objects however do stop us. I can walk through a man made door, but I cannot walk through a tree. I can pass through a man made concrete wall, but not through a large stone. I can also choose to allow man made objects to sustain my weight, such as riding in the car, or walking on the stairs. I can't however actively use these items. For example I can't drive a car, or ride a bike, I can't shoot a gun or even use a knife. And if I could, I would not be able to use them against or on a human -we simply cannot directly interact with them. I can however use natural or Atlantis made items, but only on natural objects, or on those who like me, are cursed. It doesn’t make any sense to me, but hey, I didn’t write the rules.

We can even walk through humans and they can walk through us. Everyday ships pass right through Atlantis and the people who live there. The problem here is that when we do we feel their emotions and they feel ours. This can make crowds and walking down the street difficult. Imagine being pelted by the emotions of others with no control over it. What they feel, with whatever intensity, you also feel. Likewise they get hammered by your emotions. People who have ran into me seem to get very angry, very mean, very determined in a dark kind of way. I am not sure what it says about me but it can't be good. Thankfully the feelings pass in a few moments leaving most people confused by what has just happened.

The choice to help Yvette was not an easy one. The king, my father, had ordained that humans and their lives were not to be interfered with. You might think this was something like Gene Roddenberry's Prime Directive where the star ships captain and his crew were forbidden by law from interfering with other civilization so as to let them develop naturally. My fathers decree was not anything so considerate. Atlantians, at the king's insistence, look at humans the same way humans might look at an ant colony, or a group of amoeba or paramecium. They are not worth our time, they are a waste of it, and are not worthy of our thoughts, concerns, or attentions. He has ordained that should one of us be caught meddling in the affairs of humans, that we would be executed. Our attentions and time should be placed on the betterment of Atlantis and its people, not wasted on a colony of insignificant cockroaches.

Over the years some had come to question this. Why would a law need to be created to abolish human interactions if they truly where so insignificant, what danger could there possibly be in it? Do humans pass laws forbidding interactions with the aforementioned ants or cockroaches? While it is obvious that humans are inferior physically, mentally, emotionally and in every other way, they are still just humans, why would such a decree be made. Humans cannot harm us, or directly affect us in any significant way, why would such a decree need to be made?

For years I had written it off as part of the same arrogance that had caused the curse to be placed upon us to begin with, and that dad was only trying to emphasis to his people the superiority of the Atlantians. More recently I have begun to question this.

I had been watching Yvette on and off for the past few weeks. I had ran into her when I first arrived in the upstate. When I say “ran in to her” I mean it quite literally. As I stated earlier the act of “running into someone” causes their emotional state to wash over us. Sometimes it's like a warm ray of sun shine, when the individual is content and happy in their life. At other times it can be reminiscent of a mothers loving touch to a child’s face, and at other times it can be like a harsh painful slap, that knocks you to the ground with its suddenness, and intensity.

When I accidentally passed through a portion of Yvette, I felt her despair, rage, frustration and unfailing love. It was a feeling I was all to familiar with. Dark memories passed before my eyes, rage, hatred, and the love of Raoljost beautiful face. The most intense of her emotions was desperation. She was utterly desperate and felt that she had no way to change her situation -no way to find her son. She was shackled by her inability to do anything, a feeling I was also to familiar with.

What Yvette received from me manifested in a look of stone like hardness and hatred that manifested over her face, she walked with her head up and a scowl over her lips. She looked mean. She looked determined. Because of our shared emotions I had been watching her. I understood her feelings, I understood her helplessness and the blinding anger that she felt. Maybe where she was unable to act I could, and it was not the first or last time that I would disobey the king.

Pete, it's wonderful to put a face to your inspiring words. You both look great and you can see the great love in both of your faces. You motivate me each and every day. The world is a better place because of you.

Sorry to say, Pete and Lenore, my PALS and I are Packers fans...

Love your writing, Pete!

V

Packers UGH!! Well I guess you will just need to get use to second place :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back