Pub is back in business....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,
I'm here at my job drinking a ice cold Coke. Wish I had something with more kick too it. lol I really enjoy Seagrams Wine coolers when I have a drink. A few days ago I bought Mike's Hard Strawberry Lemonade and it is really good.
Hope all of you have been as good as possible. I just had a milestone birthday on June 9th. I turned the big 50. It seems like it was just yesterday when I turned 30. It kind of snuck up on me.
I want to wish all of you dad's on here at Happy Father's day. This will be the first one for me without my dad since he passed on November 21st at the age of 81. But, I know my dad is in heaven and is no longer suffering. I have very beautiful memories of him and am so thankful to have had a dad like him. He was truly awesome.
I am going with my husband (still separated) and our two boys to St. Louis to watch the Cardinal game. Our daughter has to work so she can't come. I thought it was going to cool down this weekend but it is in the 90's. Going to be a hot one.
I think of all of you often and you are in my prayers. I'm glad the pub is open again so I can pop in. I read posts quite often but don't post much myself since I wasn't my dad's actual caretaker and don't know as much as everyone else. But, I do care. A big hug to all, Kim

Thought I'd drop in for a quick red since the rain has well and truly set in again.

I did manage to plant out all the cuttings from the greenhouse this morning so they will either settle in or wash away ...

Isn't it nice that bureau of meteorology have my Koala Gardens property marked on their map? hehehe ok, that's what a gal does when it's raining and she has had a nice red :lol:

Attachments

• June-19-7.21pm.jpg
    June-19-7.21pm.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 149
Afternoon Merlot and Penny Dreadful

must be time for the next chapter in your book Pete, you have left us on the edge of our seats ;)

Sitting with a scotch and watching the Brexit polls bounce back and forth. It's going to be a late night for me. I assumed the Scots would vote leave, just to be difficult. And, they proved even more difficult by surprising me completely and voting (so far) the opposite. The polls from where my family hails has not reported yet, though, so...

OK Sunday night.

Aussie whinge - it was like 35 this morning - that's COLD for where I live!

Anyhow, I stayed warm by gardening hard all day, and now it's a rum and I decided to watch some music on you tube.

I couldn't believe when I watched aussie band Men at Work (referenced a few times recently in pub, ok mostly by me lol) doing the song Down Under. What I couldn't believe was towards the end, and that poor toy koala ... !

If you have ever wondered if aussies are as wildly stupid as they are made out, yep we are and we love it ;)

https://youtu.be/XfR9iY5y94s?list=PLLFYacymfBSn9aTDlGJESfZKO8X1AyGzD

I traveled with Aussies in my youth and learned some pretty terrific drinking games- and was introduced to the band Hunters and Collectors. And, with regards to the wildly stupid part- I got to spring two young Aussie men from the jug at 2am in a small town in Botswana for wrestling crocodiles in the local game reserve after hours, intoxicated, and on the wrong side of the fence. It took a bottle of schnapps, 100 Rand and the promise to keep them out of trouble till we hit the next town and were someone else's problem.

Hey, we have our own pub of sorts! We're wine producers so we have a shed full of back vintages that we are working our way through. Two of our sons have moved back home,so they have a never ending supply of beer with labels that I have never heard of,so we just have to try one every now and again..... I call it rent....we're just trying to keep the wine industry in front of the boutique beer industry.
How about these labels....little creatures....stone & wood....& even a Japanese one; Sapporo. Don't know what happened to " brew your own," my Pals prefers his wine to be known as red morphine! Cheers. Oh, and by the way, I tried a non alcoholic drink the other day,
Elderflower and lime. Going to plant some of the elderberry trees,just in case I need to go on a non alcoholic bender one of these days!
( not likely)

Hey shiftkicker Hunters and Collectors were a great band, I have them on vinyl here :)

Love the croc story, you know there is a saying that every 'accident' in Australia begins with the words - "hey hold my beer and watch this ..."

Aussie, there's nothing like being prepared, love the idea of your collection of reds!

Back to Hunters and Collectors, we have an aussie that sang the very best version of Throw your arms around me in 1997 on new years eve, at midnight. I still remember the night I sat there with my kids watching this and we were spellbound.

Paul McDermott is best known as a comedian, with very black humour, yet he opens his mouth and sings like a lark.

If you know the song, it is one of the most recorded cover songs in Australia.

https://youtu.be/rgyIhPlaBEM

"Red Morphine"-
I call mine "Merlot muscle relaxer".

Bloody Mary for me today before I go for a massage on the beach! Yay!

OMG massage on the beach! LOVE IT!

It's Friday here and I may be in the pub early tonight (not yet, I'm only having a cup of tea now and work a bit longer).

Massage on the beach. How wonderful. I am so glad the two of you are having a wonderful time

Massage on the beach--PERFECT!

Tillie--I'll bet you ARE a wild woman!!

Aussie--Sapporo was my beer of choice during the five years I was stationed in Japan (Air Force).

Shiftkicker--great croc story!!

Pete-I have a great Merlot on the counter right now--I wish I could share it with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back