Pub is back in business....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tillie, come on out and we'll drink in person!

What a time it would be, I can see us sitting by that lake .... xxxx

Having a nice glass of Chilean red tonight. Tillie if you are a fan of bloody Mary's you could join me...

V

V can I join you after dinner (which I'm about to make) with a hot chocolate instead? It's all about the company after all, and I don't drink every night, though I admit I drink more often now than I once did! But it's quite cool and windy and after a day running in and out gardening between showers of rain I'm thinking a hot choc is my best bet.

Cheers!

Hot chocolate sounds great - even here in southern California it is cold and gloomy (June gloom).

V

It's HOT here. I keep stepping out because it's so beautiful outside, and then I back right back into the A/C. I found the tonic water and the gin tonight...

It's a very upside down kinda world ;)

We call it "Junuary" here. It's 12c (54F)- and it's only two weeks till Summer begins. While I hate the heat, I'm not terribly fond of being cold while sitting on my patio trying to enjoy my garden. Hot chocolate with just a touch of scotch might be in order.

Said the lady from down under!

yep, ya better run, ya better take cover (to coin an old famous aussie song)

and I don't really eat vegemite, I prefer promite ;)

are we the only ones that say chunder for vomit? (having a heave, talking to god on the porcelain telephone?)

and it's only 4 pm and I'm drinking tea before a bit more gardening...

Just had some people here and looks like I'm going to convert the only big patch of grass into a tree plantation (they think I'll get about 400 in the space) to grow specifically to be cut to feed the koalas in the care centre. So they will never get to grow too large as they will be regularly harvested.

OMG Greg you are a psychic!

This just totally blew me out (um is that more aussie slang?).

I sat down with dinner and a red wine, to watch the Sunday night show online, catching up from the previous weekend (see my post in stories of hope) to watch the documentary about our amazing aussie MND ambassador Neale Daniher and 2 other PALS.

Unbelievably, that was half the show, and the other half was a story about Colin Hayes who was the lead singer in the band Men at Work who wrote and performed the song - our unofficial Australian Anthem - Down Under.

So I went from the story of 3 amazing aussies with MND, to laughing at ya better run, ya better take cover, and chundering with or without vegemite and felt there was twilight zone music playing softly behind Be good Johnnie, Dr Hekyl and Mr Jive, Who can it be now and other songs that maybe some of you have heard, or not, but have always been a part of who just about every aussie is.

OK, there ya go.

Here's the link :)

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-ni...sunday-night-sun-5-jun-2016-episode-14/#page1

Pour your favourite drink and get ready to cry and laugh, and just love the human spirit.

Today, I traded my glass of wine or Margarita for a homemade protein smoothly with very little calories, fat or sugar. I also walked at the park for an hour. Woke up today and decided I needed to take better care of myself and get back to the gym. Now here's the catch! Tomorrow is a new day and I hope to make it a second day BUT...

I hop you make it for day two scaredwifetx. I need to be doing that as well!

I did Soonerwife. Thanks! I made it through the day eating healthy, logging my meals on my app Fitness Pal, Did 10,000 steps and did a little weight lifting. I will sleep well tonight. I used to work out every day and managed my weight. I felt better both physically and mentally. I can't promise I will wake up this motivated every day but it's a start. Would love a good glass of wine though.

I had that glass of wine for you, Sooner! I also had a healthy veggie and fruit smoothie earlier, which may be why the wine went to my head so fast.

I thought about starting a thread called "I've had one too many", but maybe that's redundant.

I've been ordering new sheets (twin xl for the hospital bed and my side of the split King), and I suddenly wondered if I'd ever get used to sleeping under the same top sheet with anyone else ever again. Even my sweetie in a hotel. Boy am I glad that you can now get good sheets in dorm size sets....

Becky
Queen of Everything (Chardoney today)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back