Pub is back in business....

Status
Not open for further replies.
In our younger days we had one of those hats for beer. The result was never pretty��

1/2a bottle of my favorite red wine. Le Crema Pinto Noir. Had dinner in Houston with my son and hiss new girl friend. Have to admit I did drink a little more than I should have as I am a light weight when it comes to wine.

Started Merlot at noon, the fricken doctors and ALS association have me p1ssed. I am tired of all of them time to drown in cheap box merlot!

Go for it, Pete. A pox on the people who are upsetting you.

If it wasn't too early here still, I'd lift a glass too. I'll wait for another couple hours till the patio cools down a bit and make myself something minty, icy and scotch-y. The cat likes to sit there and watch me disapprovingly while I indulge in terrible vice.

Oh cats watch everything with disapproval unless it's something that focuses purely on them ;)

Cheers to my family here with a nice red on a cool autumn evening in Australia!

Tonight I am drinking these new single serve flavored Vodkas, I'm no impressed. I really wanted to buy a bottle of Kinky Pink but I'm not supposed to drink on my medication and a whole bottle would be way too tempting! Its that kind of drink that you can suck down the whole bottle and not realize it! Today my husband and I went to some garage sales after we dropped our daughter off at a friends house, came home and planted my seedlings in the garden and then had some steak.

Hey Jen, welcome to the pub!

It's a little early for me just now - bit after 4pm, I'm going to shower and wash my hair, at least before I consider a red. But I dropped into the pub anyway ;)

What seedlings did you get?
I love gardening, both flowers and food.

Had 2 cold ones last night.....God did they taste good.

Tillie,

I planted a bunch of seeds but without my greenhouse (my cats sat on it and one is so big his big butt ripped through the plastic, a lot of them died. The survivors are zinnias, dinner plate dhalias, calendula, basil, tarragon, cilantro, tomatoes, peppers, cantaloupe and possibly sugar snap peas although I'm thinking that they won't make it.

Cheers! I'm having inexpensive but yummy Dry Reisling with crab cakes (packaged) and a Caesar salad (romaine from a bag, dressing from a jar, and shredded cheese from a plastic tub). Eating alone is still weird, but right now I feel like I'm doing it with buddies.

I recently bought some tomato and basil plants but haven't yet plopped them into the ground.

Jenny, post some pictures to the pub when you have them growing a bit - sounds divine!!!

Janis I'm laughing so hard at your description of everything coming out of some kind of plastic, too honest :lol:

I'm having 2 rums tonight, on my second now. I don't drink it often, but I do like rum a lot! I've had a really big few days, and feeling so good that I'm starting to be able to make a big list, go to town, AND do every single thing on the list without stress!

So I had peanut butter on toast (I did cook a T bone steak last night) and my rum.

Gooseberry, 2 coldies - good one, I hope you relaxed with them too!

Pete I hope you are doing better now you are a couple of days past those pox ridden fricken ones that pissed you off. Always good to have a drink at the pub and unload after something like that!

Every warm some spiced rum, Tillie, and put a dollop of butter in it. Tastes just like a butterscotch candy

No I've never done that!

Mmmmmm we are heading into winter here ... I will drop into the pub when it gets truly cold and let you know how it goes!

No I've never done that!

Mmmmmm we are heading into winter here ... I will drop into the pub when it gets truly cold and let you know how it goes!

Thank you! My husband didn't believe me when I told him that the seasons in Australia are opposite! How cold does it get in the winter there?

So good Tillie, but addictive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back