Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Illinois
City
Chicago
Hello, I am a 21 year old female. My symptoms began with twitching moving around my body but were mainly in my right calf. You could not see them but I could feel them. Also, when I point my foot up there is a ton of twitching on the top of my foot/ankle. As a few weeks went by I now have constant twitching in both hands that is severe and there is a tremor in my fingers when I hold my hands out. I still have occasional twitches in my legs, but it seems as if the fingers are the worst. Does this sound like ALS?

no

read the post you should have read before posting this - the one that says NEW MEMBERS READ BEFORE POSTING as it tells you all the answers clearly

no way you have ALS - go spend xmas helping someone.

Please read the stickies. Your questions will be answered there. Twitching could be caused by many things such as stress. You don't need to even think about ALS at this point at all. Get some rest and log off and enjoy Christmas. Go see your regular doctor and tell them your symptoms. You are worrying unnecessarily.

Can als twitches feel like a heartbeat in your fingers? It seems like the twitching is just pounding 24/7

My hands also tremble by just holding something like a candle stick

Question

Can ALS twitches feel like a heartbeat in your fingers, like a constant popping? It is 24/7. My hands also tremble when holding delicate objects.

You are not listening to us and are being disrespectful. You don't have ALS and we aren't going to tell you again. Read the stickies and log off. If you are bored find another site to chat with people on. Thank you.

Re: Question

Quit posting. No no no and No! You got your answer. My dad died of ALS and I'm quite frankly tired of your b.s. We answered you and you keep being persistent and asking questions. You didn't bother to read the stickies before you even posted. That is disrespectful as hell. But, I don't think you care! Do you?

Help

Hello, I am a 21 year old female. My symptoms began with twitching moving around my body but were mainly in my right calf. You could not see them but I could feel them. Also, when I point my foot up there is a ton of twitching on the top of my foot/ankle. As a few weeks went by I now have constant twitching in both hands that is severe and there is a tremor in my fingers when I hold my hands out. I still have occasional twitches in my legs, but it seems as if the fingers are the worst. I also have been having trouble breathing at night when laying down, Does this sound like ALS? I want this to be taken seriously.

Re: Help

Please read the stickies, and then relax. You are clearly concerned, so do consult your doctor, but give your symptoms without suggesting ALS. Let your doc do his or her job. Fortunately, nothing in what you'd describe would make me think of ALS. The stickies will explain why.

Hello Soccer,
We are taking you seriously.
1. Your description is not at all ALS. You don't have a single symptom of ALS.
2. If a 21-year-old got ALS, it would be a world record. This is a disease of much older people.
By asking the same question 3 times, you're causing us to work three times as hard. Please don't do that to people dealing with ALS.

We're not doctors, so we can't diagnose you, but we know ALS really well--better than many doctors. You don't have it. Frankly, it sounds like you're under stress, that's all. If it bothers you, you should see your doctor. But please don't post on ALS websites any longer; that will simply increase your stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back