Reason
Other
Country
TR
State
SR
City
istanbul
Hi all, Im 22 a years old girl. I just started to read this forum, you're all so helpfull and I have questions.

I know maybe you tired of replying same questions but I need your help. First of all, sorry for my English.

3 week ago my right hand's little finger starts twitching. It was visible, I mean my finger moves when its twitching but I can control it. Then it spread to all my body. Eyes, legs, arms, back etc. When I use my right arm too much it starts shaking and sometimes my arms are aching.

I went to a neuro, he made blood test, weakness test and MR. All clear. I'm waiting for my EMG appointment.

I'm always thinking about ALS and reading symptoms like a crazy. Today I read about atrophy in this forum and I recognized that I have something like dent in my palm.

I dont know if its anxiety or something but Im afraid too much.

Imgur
Imgur

Dents are not atrophy. Atrophy happens after a muscle starts to become weak and useless. Twitching means nothing. Everyone gets twitches. Only 5% of ALS cases begin with twitching, and then only in the muscle group that presents ALS weakness (not perceived but actual weakness or uselessness). There is no achiness or shaking in ALS. I'm certain your EMG will come back clean. Lastly, your age gives you infinitesimal odds. 22 year olds do not get ALS. You need to stop reading about ALS, it feeds your anxiety. Good luck!

Dents are not atrophy. Atrophy happens after a muscle starts to become weak and useless. Twitching means nothing. Everyone gets twitches. Only 5% of ALS cases begin with twitching, and then only in the muscle group that presents ALS weakness (not perceived but actual weakness or uselessness). There is no achiness or shaking in ALS. I'm certain your EMG will come back clean. Lastly, your age gives you infinitesimal odds. 22 year olds do not get ALS. You need to stop reading about ALS, it feeds your anxiety. Good luck!
Thank you so much for your interest ECpara. I hope I will be okay, I'll try to stop reading. But it's hard to stay calm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back