Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
Had some distressing news today,vickim is leaving.
Why?
Because she has been more or less told she is not welcome.
She does not have als but diagnosed with something else.
While her health is failing she can still enjoy odd things and tv shows.

Vickim helps so many pals and cals,contributes so much to this forum.
There is some unjustified negativity against her .
This has to be sorted.

Please give your support.
Post why she should stay or send david a pm.
I have sent david a pm putting him straight on a few matters.

I'm afraid she is totally gone. It hurts me to the core. I'm not diagnosed either with ALS but I occ contribute and read all the posts all the time. It just saddens me that she was basically made to not feel welcome. By some not all. I've lost a good friend here but thankfully she has left me info on how to stay in touch with her. Fond memories of my dear friend here on the forums.

I just can't imagine Vicki being told she is not welcome, I'm way too shocked.

As if we aren't all facing enough in our lives, to have anyone take it out on a pure soul like Vicki has truly rocked me.

For pity's sake grow up and get on with it, whoever the spiteful ones are. I don't even need to know who it is, I have enough on my plate without getting into stupid politics and game playing.

Vicki, if you come here and read this, you have been a HUGE inspiration to me and I know you have been to others also as I've been personally told that. Don't let whatever happened today change one iota of your amazing spirit.

I am also very shocked to hear this. I am not diagnosed with Als either, and only post occasionally. She has always been a big contributor in the DIHALS section, a section that I think also serves a purpose.

Over the years it's seems a lot of very nice, helpful, people have left. I don't understand what's happening?

I want to add my voice to this, to support my friend Vicki who has been such a deep source of
support to me and many others! I know that Sharon wanted her thread of "Happiness Now" to
continue, and without Vicki, it wouldn't have. Vicki....we love you!

WHAT? She has nothing but uplifting and supportive things to say which is a total asset to this forum. So she doesn't have ALS, neither do I, I am a care giver of someone with ALS, she is a friend of someone with ALS. So if she changed he Forum Interest would that make the offended party happy? No actually she could put, she is the friend of many people who have ALS.
Then we have the very regular "Do I have ALS" people that only post every twitch, ache, pain or twinge, that only frustrate PALS & CALS, and they can't be made to leave. Vicki, come back and spread your affirming thoughts and comments.
Paulette

This makes me really mad. She has been nothing but supportive to everyone on here. She has patience with everyone. If people like her go this forum is really going to go down hill. Please stay Vicki!

VickiM always has support for everyone. Why is not welcome here anymore?

Vicki, please stay. Do not let others bully you. It is their problem not yours. They win if you leave.

It has certainly been a case of bullying.

I and others have advocated for Vicki, such a blessing to know her here.

Some people think this forum is for PALS but it is clearly stated at the top what this is.

Tillie (who is inspired constantly by the likes of Vickim)

This news really makes me po. Keep placacating the ones with twitches and this forum will eventually implode. Even though i had als diagnosed i was called stupid and cruel early on, i have since tried to provide limited advice based on my experiences. Like vicki i am out of here. Good bye to all of my friends

No offense intended, but this is off-point.

Nobody has been asked to leave and nobody needs to pretend there's a martyr. I'm not sure who's spreading the negativity but it needs to stop immediately. This site is for people affected by ALS to discuss ALS-related concerns, troubles, issues and to provide support.

We need to stay on topic and stop with all the nonsense, he said, she said, blame game off-topic distractions.

This website is not a clique. It's meant to be a loving, helpful and supportive online support group for people affected by ALS.

Those of us that are unable to stay on topic will be asked to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back