Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Oh
City
Columbus
Okay to start off with i am a 20 year old male. I played sports all my life (football, baseball and basketball). For about the past 2 months i have been very stressed out over alot of things, mainly thinking something is wrong with me. I never have an appetite, which means i dont realy force myself to eat. I drink gatorade and water to "fill me up". ( i eat 1 or 2 small meals a day). But the stress has got the best of me! I tried Wellbutrin but it kind of made my chest hurt. So i went back to the doctors and he took me off it and ran a EKG. he said that he thinks i have a RBBB and DONT worry about it.

So a few days go by...and i have a pain in the to left of my back, as im worried about the RBBB and go to the ER. they say they dont think its in any relation to my heart, and let me go with a back pain. i had a friend whos dad died of ALS, and thats what popped up in my mind. so as i think about it, both of my arms hurt around my arm pit area and on the inside of my arm, (the left arm sometimes radiates down to my hand) but these pains are NOT costant. I also have some middle back pains, and recently my legs have felt heavy when i wake up in the morning! but i do not feel a loss in any strength. i just get very worried, and i sometime feel that im a hyprocondriac, or however you spell it. sorry. i just get worried about my health.

But since i havent been eating realy anything lately, maybe it could be the lack of nuetrients, or the stress getting the best of me! im just worried about als, and fear it. I turn to you guys for help, and truth. Sorry for such a long post but tried to describe it.

THANK YOU!

Pains - Inner top arms, no loss of strength.
- Legs feel heavy in the morning. no loss of strength.
- legs started feeling heavy when i started worrying about ALS. So maybe my mind is playing a game on me?

PS....to add in.

I catch myself looking up alot of symptoms online, which causes me to worry also. I know i should stay off WebMD lol, but i just catch myself in the habit of it. And i worry about the littlest health things. I know stress can do ALOT of things to your body too..

To put your mind a little at rest....a right bundle branch block is a benign conduction variation that is common in millions of people. It has nothing to do with the actual circulation(perfusion) of your heart. Rbbb does not cause chest pain. The only BBB we worry about is a new onset left bundle branch block while symptoms of mi exist acutely.

You have no clinical weakness. Als weakness does not come and go.....its there and it stays and gets progressivly worse. Nothing you have sounds consistant with als. Im not a doctor, but i have worked as a advance provider long enough to tell you you are ok.

You will actually have more problems slamming gatorade all day and tipping your electrolytes than that rbbb......again rbbb.....benign, chronic and frankly meaningless. You conduct different than others, no big deal.

Thank you for your reply, i forgot to add in that when i went to the ER for the pain in my left arm and upper left back, they did a EKG then too and they said that they seen no sign of a murmur or RBBB. If i had a RBBB would it show up in all EKGs or could the first one just been misread bc i was very stressed during the time of the test?...

And when i wake up my legs feel heavy but when i get to moving them, they feel normal. The pain in my arms just go and come, one to the other. Just a bothery feeling, and its "abnormal to me".

Your symptoms indicate no ALS. I know ALS freaked you out but just because you have some pains and symptoms over your very young and long life are you going to automatically think it's ALS every time? Sweetie, do not ever come back here again. Go to your GP and tell her/him what you're experiencing and do what they say. Put ALS out of your mind. Live your life with a clear and rational mind. You're being irrational right now. Good luck to you Hon.

Yeah, i alot of people say that i worry too much about things, but i just worry about my health alot. And idk maybe i just see the worse ya know. And everytime i feel a pain, getting on the internet probably isnt the greatest thing. Sorry, if i looked a little dramatic, but i am just stressed and concerned. Thank you for your posting though, gave me a good mind thought that it more than likely isnt something horrible!

Right bundle branch blocks do not come and go, and can be a bit tricky to decipher at times. If you want to put you mind at ease im willing to take a look at your ekg and offer an opinion. You probably have whats called rsr prime in v1 with a normal qrs duration. Still normal, looks like a rbbb but isnt, just isnt wide enough.

Ace, that's a lot of time you're needlessly waisting that you'll never ever get back. Stop wasting your healthy youth!

Your post makes me sad.You can have a joyful life ahead of you .Wish I were you .I be enjoying life to the fullness making memories and experiences to pass down generations.
I have a brother like you who has been worrying for fifty years about dying .Waste of time missed so much and enjoyed nothing. All that worrying for nothing .He is seventy and healthy and behave just like you fifty years ago .
so sad
Pat

Thank you guys for the post. It has realy opened my eyes alot! To hear it from you guys, who are very supportive and do care! Again, thank you guys and god bless. you have helped take alot of stress of my chest and brought light upon myself! Thanks again!

Stress can cause your body to many crazy things. Please stop worrying and live life to the fullest! Don't sit around worrying about things and go out and do what ever it is that makes you happy!

I give this advice too often, but...

Go chase some REALLY wild women, and forget about ALS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back