Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
nc
City
charlotte
Hi all

I was first on here about 3 months ago. I started with a numbness feeling in my left arm and leg. After visits to the neuro all my tests were normal.

I have now started with constant muscle jumping in my legs, it's pretty much non stop all day. My boyfriend even noticed it as I was falling asleep and woke me up because he was concerned. I feel my trousers moving all day!

I have perceived weakness but not sure if it's truly there, it feels as though my arm
Will be weak and it has started to shake oftn when lifting things but inhabit actually tripped of dropped anything. I also get completely dead legs very frequently all of a sudden when trying to walk I can't until they are no longer dead

Anyway I'm obviously concerned 6 months on from my original symptoms and I am back at the neuro on Friday. Obviously worried of ALS.

Your symptoms dont sound anything like mine or anyone I have herd of. My legs are failing but they dont come and go at all pretty much just going. I had clinical weakness much before I could even detect it. A nuerologist felt it and then ordered an EMG and the results came back bad. If my results would have been negetive I would have wished everyone here the best and been on with my life, like you should, till you find out what is wrong. I have no numbness as it is not a symptom of ALS. I understand how hard it must be not knowing but I am fairly sure your problem isnt ALS. Truthfully only a Nuerologist or doctor can say that. I hope your appointment goes well.

Thanks for your advice. I guess my term of numbness isn't
Exactly correct as I have been
Told. My leg feels numb but when I actually touch it, it isn't numb, therefore a better description is I am constantly aware of my leg if that makes sense ( sort pf a numb sensation but if I actually poke it it isn't really numb)

I certainly went off and tried to enjoy lifenbut then my increased
Symptoms have brought me back down I guess

Thanks for your advice. I guess my term of numbness isn't
Exactly correct as I have been
Told. My leg feels numb but when I actually touch it, it isn't numb, therefore a better description is I am constantly aware of my leg if that makes sense ( sort pf a numb sensation but if I actually poke it it isn't really numb)

I certainly went off and tried to enjoy lifenbut then my increased
Symptoms have brought me back down I guess

So wait until Fri. then talk to us.

AL.

Listen to al and to your neuro.
1. You have already been given the okay by your doc. that everything is normal so go with that until you find out differently.
2. Muscle jumping in sleep/or twitching happens to everyone.
3. Generalized twitching during the day is Benign Fasciulation Syndrome or BFS..go check out that website for more info.
4. Weakness isn't confirmed as weakness till a dr. says you have 'clinical weakness' . Before that point it is just perceived weakness or fatigue.
5. Numbness is not associated with ALS.
6. Wait till your appointment and let us know how it goes with neuro.

Trying not to worry until then. Does an NCT usually show as abnormal on an ALS diagnosis or just an EMG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back