Diagnosis
06/2005
Country
US
State
Az
City
Kingman
My wife's been told to drain her peg tube since she was diagnosed to have an infection. In the case that there's any infection in the tube, they want us to not give her med's thru her tube during this time, and to "drain the tube" -- lay on her side and let fluid drain from the tube. These are instructions she received while I was at work, so I was unable to ask how long exactly to do this. Any one know?

Thanks
Glenn

I've never heard of that! Maybe one of those more experienced could help!

we had infections at the suture sites around the PEG hole. we just used q-tips & alcohol or hyd. peroxide to clean it up. We squished them up under the circular plastis peg guard deal. Is the actual peg hole infected in your case?

ok, we ended up at the hospital again last night since her fever came back and she was having a reaction to the antibiotics that they gave her. found out from that doc that the infection was at the site (like you were stating) and not to try to drain it like she was advised on the phone.

thx for the replies :)

those right there are the reasons i dont like to many doctors .that could of led to a very serious problem .i know what you must of felt like i was midiagnosed for 7 months with a lung infection that nearly cost me my life due to not having insurance qouted in the doctors notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back