Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you everyone to reply to my post!

It shoud be "tube feeding powder nutrition "

Is there any tube feeding powder nutrition in US or other country ?
I mean "tube feeding formula powder ", just like the milk power , that I can easily buy from US ?

Is there any this kind of TUBE FEEDING POWDER ?

sorry for the wrong spelling above!

How about protien powder?

Hi! I am also using a peg tube, & have been since Jan 1 this yr. I use a blender also. Oatmeal, Chick-n-rice, pasta, whatever my wife makes & there is lome leftovers. Just remrmber to put in as much water as there is food, and let it run on the highest setting for a couple of minutes. Then pour out into a container, ald look at it. If it looks like it should go in, fine. Push it in with syringe. If not, back to the blender! Hope you get better.

papa65,
Do you use formula too? Do you get any enjoyment from regular food going in that way, like when you burp?

my dad had his PEG fitted last week, it is just below his chest as the doc said his organs had all 'moved up' - anyone else had this problem? apparantly it is 'normal'. Since the PEG has been fitted he has had terrible diarrhea, again this seems to be 'normal', he is almost totally dependant on the breathing machine now and has had a humidifier attached also due to having a blocked nose, and he only has the nose mask for his machine so this was proving a problem. he has totally lost use of his arms now, he can almost touch his nose with one arm, but thats about it, we are still able to feed him yoghurt but he has to have a drink of water with every other spoonful to help wash it down. the diarrhea is a big problem as he mostly has accidents in the bed (he is still in hospital at the moment, diagnosed Mar 09)

Canned Food SUCKS!

Hey all!
I am a care giver for a guy with ALS and for him, the canned (2-Cal) food was HORRIBLE! It clogged the tibe like glue if its not flushed properly and did the same for the bowels. My client eats the same food I do, just blended up. We liquify foods with low salt broth, V8, or water, depending on the food and he LOVES IT! He can even sort of taste the food even though he didnt chew it. Afterwards we just flush the tube with a cup of water, and on with our day :)
I know this isn't for everyone, but its totally worth trying... Doctors I've ever seen, dont recommend it but please, who can live on canned food....?
Good Luck!

Let's see I use a variety of stuff;
Breakfast - 2 Ensure Plus + powder Ester-C 16oz water
Lunch 1 Jevity 1cal - 1 glass red wine + Liquimax vitamin 16oz water
Dinner 1 Jevity Prozac 16oz water
+ various non-scheduled;
Beer
Wine
Muscle Milk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back