Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Tucson
I take Ativan and mj about every four or five hours during the day and it keeps me relatively pain free and without air hunger.

now I notice forgetting things. Like I decide to Google something and by the time I click on Google my mind is totally blank. It happens daily and more frequently?..

my greatest fear is losing mental functions.

what do you experts think!!?

Not ftd. Likely meds. Hope not a CO2 issue.

A lot of PALS get some degree of cognitive impairment without FTD often mild. Maybe. But I don’t see it in you based on our communications You are still a sharp cookie.

Hugs

thanks Nikki that makes me feel better. I didn't think of co2.

how do I know? I attribute headaches to neck pain. Maybe it's time to bleed in o2.will discuss with hospice nurse.

Might be time to back off your Vt a little more, Kay.

Best,
Laurie

Doesn't sound at all like FTD to me Kay xxx

Sounds like the meds. My friend, who is perfectly healthy, smokes weed. He has the exact issue so my guess is the combination of a Benzo and weed.

That said, ANYTHING is better than pain and air hunger. If your dose is keeping you comfortable.......

I used to get that when I smoked marijuana in high school. So I don't think it's ALS related.
Vincent

so to be clear, Laurie, you mean lower the vte?

If CO2 is the issue, yes, since that's the direction we went last time. Some PALS go up on Vt and others down. When you need to go down, it's because the volume of air is contributing to CO2 retention and/or your musculature can't handle the volume of air it used to.

Of course, at the end-end, you might still take it back up.

Your spaciness certainly could be meds but you've been on them for a while, and you're saying it happens more frequently without an increase in dose (normally you become less sensitive to the meds as time goes on). So that's what makes me think the CO2 thing is worth testing. If there is no effect, then you take the Vt back to what it was.

thanks LAURIE, will give it a try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back