Status
Not open for further replies.
True confession: I look at some of my friends who are morbidly obese, eat nothing but fast and processed food, and sit on their A##$s all day long and think maybe I should have been drinking and partying instead of working out and living clean.

But none of them have $300 million.....at least that's something. Of course, if I had $300 million even my life would be entirely different.

Kim, your morbidly obese friends who eat junk food, the chronic smokers, and the alcoholics —- how good do they really feel?

Granted, one can live a healthy lifestyle and still get ALS or some other awful disease, but chances are this person will feel pretty good until that disease hits, and certainly optimize how they feel living with a chronic disease.

I like to think in terms of a mathematical model, that it’s the “area under the curve” that counts. The curve would be the graph of feeling well on the y axis vs. age on the x axis. Those of us living a healthy lifestyle will hopefully have many years of feeling well and therefore a larger area under the curve. Some people living an unhealthy lifestyle may get lucky and live a long time, but they won’t likely be spending all those years feeling well.

In terms of $300 million, well, at this point that wouldn’t cure a PALS of ALS during their lifetime. Financial security can definitely relieve a certain amount of stress, but it can’t always assure perfect health and certainly can’t buy happiness.

Karen and Kim, to your posts...

Yep... life isn't fair.

I've done well, I'm not wealthy, I've been blessed, product of the 60s (been
married a few times), had a lot of fun (earning the nickname "Clearwater Al"),
made my share of mistakes, have some regrets but... "I did it my way."

Maybe this is my due bill. The isn't fair part... some never get one.

However... I'd sure like to try and wrap up this go around with $300 million and
see if it makes me unhappy while I flame out and crash. :)

PS. My two favorite Sinatra songs are "I did it my way" and now...
"It Was A Very Good Year."

Last edited:
"High Hopes" is another good Sinotdraws song. One of my favorites.

To my post above about it isn't fair.

This might cause a stir.

When my time comes, I'm there, and it's being determined where
I go, I hope I'm there long enough to watch one of these TV Evangelicals
who live in luxurious mansions, drive luxury cars, fly in personal Leer
jets, wear custom made suits and have the finest health care... if they get
the red carpet or a one way ticket some place else.

No... it isn't fair

(My mother was draining her account until we discovered it and stopped
it. More than she could well afford. One of my sisters called and that got
no where. I hope that S.O.B. Jerry Falwell is sitting right in hell.)

Just my opinion.

Anywhooo... didn't mean to go off. :)

Mods. If you want to edit out the S.O.B. part... fine.

Last edited:
I agree with you Clearwater. So many scams.

My father watched Oral Roberts "religiously" but seldom went to church.

After Dad's passing I learned about the book give away scam that Roberts and most of these evangelist use.

They indeed give the books away but buy them with donated funds from a company owned by the evangelist. The more books he/she gives away the more the his/her publishing company makes.

I was once acquainted with an individual who worked for a very famous local evangelist (has his own TV network and University). This acquaintance quit his job when he was selected for and started working in what was called the "money room". Never did give details about that experience but the "money room" monicker said it for me.

Ernie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back