Tantrum of the day (rated R, contains strong language)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wishmobbing

Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
DE
State
BW
City
Stuttgart
Under the shower with my ass wedged in the corner and my PALS trapped behind his mask, hitting his feet on the walls and sliding in the ****ing showerchair. These monstrosities are just as undignified to handle as to sit in them.
:evil:
I'll give it a 5 on the Richter scale

Soooooooooo, anyhoo... who's next? :roll:

How did the two of you manage this •=¥+£*£*>%%<# ?

hope no one was hurt :(

We went to the YMCA to use their disabled / family shower rooms. Privacy and lots of space.

Oh, the roll-in shower is spacious enough alright. I'm just a bumbling idiot.

Wish, my husband once got himself caught on a handle in a rest room, dragged out of his chair, and then pushed across the floor and jammed up under a urinal.

You two should meet!!!

Seriously, I'm relieved no one was injured. Please be careful! I've bruised and batter myself and taken quite a few falls taking care of my guy--it's not fun!

Becky

Sorry. Glad nobody was hurt.

I'll go next: I got food poisoning from Mayo Clinic cafeteria last Monday. It took about 48 hours to come on. I knew better than to order chicken salad in their shi&&y cafeteria. Anyway Wednesday I woke up and it felt like I was severely depressed or had no restful sleep. I just chalked it up to doing too much on Monday and Tuesday. By Thursday morning I was running to the toilet about every half hour until there was nothing but water coming out. I think I was already dehydrated because my blood pressure the day before the explosions started happening was only 78/48. I run low blood pressure but my norm is usually around 90/60 or a little higher. I was nauseated but didn't puke (I've only puked twice in my life and once was from food poisoning in Mexico in 2002.) I took some probiotics and saccharomyces which was how I cured it in Mexico. Then I drank some high protein milkshakes and lots of water to stay hydrated. Every time I went, I made myself drink a cup of water. Even the smell of food made me gag. Today my toilet events were back to normal but I'm still exhausted and nothing tastes good. I forced food down because, within two days, I had lost 5 pounds.

Oh Kim, that sounds horrible. I'm happy you came here to open up and let it all out. ;)
What's your rating on the Richter scale?
You're a great CALS and take good care of yourself. Hope you'll feel better soon!

Well, my rating just went back up. I ate a bowl of coffee ice cream and it started up again. It might be a stomach bug rather than food poisoning. No fever. Yellow poop (probably because transit time is so fast)

I wish I could stop taking Aciphex because I know the harm it can cause and I've been on it since 2000 but GERD is so bad I'm afraid I'll aspirate. I think Canada sells it in 10 mg tablets so I might try cutting down from 20 mg to 10.

Now, I'm suspicious of everything in my refrigerator. I made chicken soup today, just for the sodium on the broth but it gave me reflux.

I'm about a 3 on the scale tonight. I have two doctors appointments tomorrow and if I'm still "going" I'll call my gastro to do a stool test to rule out c-difficile (which I had while caring for my mother who had a colostomy) and e-coli. Problem is I'm allergic to many antibiotics so I'm hoping the things I'm taking will stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back