Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
I'm not talking about a smell at the tube site. I'm talking about the actual TUBE! It smells awful and has for a while. My hands retain the smell after I handle the tube. My husband can smell it even and he has no sense of smell, usually.

Please don't tell me he needs another tube! Sigh...

Last edited:
My husband's tube is NASTY. Absolutely NASTY. I wouldn't smell it for anything in the world. Remember, his gastro said he doesn't need to flush it until he starts using it. NASTY, NASTY, NASTY.

even if not used ny wife flushed mine with soda. as for hands try plastic gloves. has it been long enough time for him to get button typ peg i got mine switched and its great

CJ are you sure there is no leakage that is seeping and causing the smell? It could be very subtle and not really visible, but still seeping stomach contents which could reek to high heaven.
Laurel

I'm talking the OUTSIDE of the tube! It smells like a wet rag that was left under towels or something, but worse!

Shon, we tried the button thing (mic-key) and it fell out. He's had 4 tubes placed; the original, the mic-key, the ER tube replacement for the mic-key and then his last tube that is like his first (except no clamp).

He didn't have a smell problem with the first one that had the clamp.

We always flush and I've started using Coke, hoping that would help with the smell. But, if it's on the outside of the tube, I don't really understand the problem.

The smell seems to be embedded in the silicone/plastic/whatever of the tube and it just emanates.

Missy, I can't imagine!

Missy I think your gastro is full of shoot! I hope that you can get something through it when the time comes.

laurel,

No. It's the dang TUBE! If you were to put your fingers on it, you would come away with the smell.

I've tried vinegar, then alcohol on the outside (not at the same time). Neither one helped, except temporarily.

do you by chance know the maker of the tube? I would try to contact them and see if they have any explanations. Maybe it has to do with the materials used to make the tubing itself. Just a thought. We flush twice a day even though he isn't using his tube much. Doesn't make sense not to flush. Sorry, but another tube might be the answer.

How old is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back