Diagnosis
08/2009
Country
US
State
OH
City
Alliance
I havn't been on for somtime just now & then to see whats going on. My son who is 22 was diagnosed w/ ALS buy his neurologist in Aug. We were sent to Cleveland Clinic for a second opinion. They have confirmed that he does have ALS. I guess I'm just keeping everyone in the loop. We had a wonderful Family reunion this month as family members learned of my sons diagnosed we all started making plans to get together for a long weekend some family members just happened to be coming in town that weekend for various reasons class reunions & such it is very hard to explain but fam. members just started trickling in to show their support. My son who loves to cook grilled ribs for everyone it was very strenuous for him but it was his gift to all of us needless to say we all had a wonderfull time.
Thanks to all on the forum who have given me great insight & support.

oh pidge-I am so sad for all of you. Giving you a hug!

Pidge,thank you for keeping us in the loop, I hope this forum can give you some of the support you need, my heart goes out to you and your son as you start this difficult journey.I am glad the family came out in support, look forward to some good times together. Peace be with you.

So sorry to hear that. Is he seeing Dr Pioro? Good to at least know he is in good hands. Did they give him the list of supplements? I will be praying for you and him. Who knows - maybe we will bump into each other at the Clinic

He is seeing Dr. Polston he was very informative and took alot of time w/ us. We did get a list of supplements my son is unsure about the creatine?

Pidge, I'm so sorry to hear about your son diagnosis. You all in my prayers. Erica

so sorry for this als to be in your and your son's life , more so at such a young age ...my thought's are with you as my son has it also and he is 37 so , i know how you feel

I'm so sorry. Strength and good energy to you.

Pidge, thank you for the update on your son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back