08/2008
Country
nl
State
zeeland
City
terneuzen
:confused::confused:

ALL three person i know with ALS, has chalk nail .

is chalk nail the cause of ALS?

I don't and don't know any PALS that do. ..cause of ALS? No way.

I'm sorry for asking, but what is chalk nail?:confused:

I believe nail fungus, which by the way my husband does have on his feet. Can't remember when it started though. I don't think it has anything to do with ALS as many people have problems with fungus nails.

yes , I am thinking that FUNGUS NAILS can be the caus of ALS ?maybe !
Bcos all three ALS patient have fungus nails !

it can be that the bacterie infected the brain!? for some people , the bacterie doesnot come so far to damage the brain ?:?:

My mother has fungus nails and she has balbar ALS.

My Mom didn't have chalk nails..

lovelovelove,

all I can say is my, my, my
It is very difficult for you I'm sure, with your mom's diagnosis, but has she been to a dr to see about clearing up the fungus?

But, for the record, 1) my brother (diagnosed bulbar ALS 3/03, died 5/04) did NOT have fungus nails and
2) I ( diagnosed bulbar ALS 6/08, still going strong) do NOT have fungus nails.

take good care
brenda

lovelovelove,

I know you're heartbroken your mom has PBP, but its not from a problem with nail fungus. Maybe you can work on getting her nails cleared up and it will make her feel cheerier though.

Has she gotten her feeding tube yet? I remember you asked about one a while back....

take care, :)

lovelovelove,

I know you're heartbroken your mom has PBP, but its not from a problem with nail fungus. Maybe you can work on getting her nails cleared up and it will make her feel cheerier though.

Has she gotten her feeding tube yet? I remember you asked about one a while back....

take care, :)

yes Rose,
my mother has got her feeding tube in beginning april this year. it is working super. My mother donot eat anymre vis mouth.she doesnot even drink a little bit via mouth.
but she is getting weight .

But she still has breathing problem although she uses Bipap at night.
she complains her throad is getting smaller and smaller.
if there is a little bit salivia in her throad, she cannot breath !--very dangerous.
and we also have a Cough Assit for her.
but the problem is not de salavia, the problem is she feel her throad geting smaller.
i dont know what to do !
thanks Rose!
linda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back