Moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
The newer agents have more rapid onset than warfarin and some are more quickly reversible. But even on warfarin, the new thinking is that she might not need to go off it.

But anyway, yes, a permanent drain is worth exploring. Hope you get some helpful answers!

Well some good news from the meeting with the Dr yesterday. We were all on the same page. I could tell he was thrilled that with all of our combined medical background we were not looking for miracles where none can occur.

A permanent tube was placed yesterday for draining and with that Coumadin can continue. She is not able to use some of the newer meds due to kidney function.

She happened to be down for her procedure when we finally were able to speak with the Dr due to an emergency he had to attend. She spoke with him today. She was a bit disappointed to here they have no miracles for her, but said she had already come to that conclusion on her own. She has a little site soreness from the tube placement but feels good overall.

Haven’t seen Dad in several days, and I probably won’t again today. I’m just done after this past week of running.

Woke with a headache and declined a dinner invite for tonight. Trying to rest and just do what feels right. I did do one load of laundry and cleaned an vac’d my closet. Also got started on cleaning the master bath and will finish after eating. I also want to sit and get a plan made for getting the house in order. Much of which depends on how much running the folks require.

I’m hoping, fingers crossed, I can start some grieving as well. It’s been a month and I haven’t had 5 min to sit and work through anything yet.

Have a great day all

Never boring, is it? Hope your folks will feel better and require less running.
Can you let the "getting the house in order" slide for some "looking out the window being exhausted"?
I know a bit about keeping busy and today I wonder if that's the reason for my third cold this season. Basically I only stop moving about if I blow the fuses.

Wishing you a better new year, less health grief, more knitting and finding peace in whatever way fits you best. Hugs!

Sue that is great news about your mum, the procedure, the strategies for her care etc.

You really do need to 'get around' to you. It seems like you have become so used to putting everyone ahead of you that it's going to take a little time and practice. I know it's really hard when they all have such real and serious issues. But we don't want to see you running on empty until you finally have a serious issue that can't be ignored.

Many hugs, I hope you can find that time and balance you need xxx

Good news is yesterday I did mostly nothing. I did do that bit of cleaning, but it wasn’t much but made me feel so much better to have something straightened up. The clutter is driving me nuts.

I did not visit either parent. Spoke with Mom by phone yesterday and again today. She reports today that she may go home tomorrow.

Tomorrow I am going with DS, DDIL, DDIL’s Mom and brother to a trip to OH. We will visit their friends there and some Amish shops. A mini vaca. We will stay the night and then head home in the morning on Friday.

Today, I went to my volunteer things, did some work, stopped at the office to switch up paperwork. Came home had lunch and then went for groceries. That’s me done for the day. Wanted to take the tree down, but maybe later or maybe after my mini trip.

I am taking care of me now. Unfortunately I did need to do a bit of running. My brother wants me to take care of me, but when you had 3 parents in 3 different places we needed 3 people on deck.

Have a great day all

Perfect Sue - I would never expect you to just fall in a heap and do nothing at all, but I'm so glad you got a whole day off and now a mini vaca to boot. Sounds like some balance for one week at least! :) enjoy

Family will be coming soon to pick me up. Had a good breakfast and I’m ready to roll. Feel weird to just pick up and go, esp with DD heading to FL tomorrow and I probably won’t see her before she leaves. That’s hard. However, she is an adult now and we have to start living our lives.

DD took all the ornaments off of the tree yesterday and pull down other decos, so things are getting cleaned up. I also cleaned off the desk in my bedroom, that too was bugging me. Baby steps.

Have an awesome day all

Have fun, Sue!
I found the feeling of just up and leaving without having to take extensiv precaution and planning for my PALS exhilarating.

Yesterday was very nice, but also very exhausting. It also already seems like it was ages ago.

Got home mid-morning. Did some work work, then off to sign papers for Dad at the rehab place. Stayed to go through PT with him. I helped by distracting him so he did what he was supposed to do. He actually had a good WO with me there.

Then down to visit mom. She is doing well and feeling good. Still a little sore at the site, but that’s to be expected.

Then home and took the dog for a walk, made dinner and I’m catching up here. Then I hope to relax a bit

Hugs

Good Morning all,

Yesterday was very productive. We took the hospital bed to mom, set it, and cleaned the room after as we had rearranging to do. I will find out today how she slept.

I called last night as the nurse was supposed to come and drain her, but didn’t show up. Not good. Will have to work on this one.

Then home, I did some cleaning, well sorting my work files and getting new folder in for the new year and did some shedding and work that needed done for the office. Also did a load of laundry, and put all the Christmas deco’s away.

Then walked and read a bit.

After dinner was relax time and earlier into bed. It was a good day.

Getting ready to head to church this morning.

Hugs

Yesterday was again productive, cleaning out M&D’s files, visiting with my SIL and relaxing in the evening.

Today, I work stuff to do, went to the bank and made new folders for M&D along with writing thank you’s to the straggling condolences.

It’s been another good day.

Ok, so 2 steps forward and 1 step back.

Mom is doing ok

I went to work to drop off and pick up paperwork - that was not good. The business was Brian’s pride and joy. I came home and had a waterfall. As that was just settling down, got a conference call with my Brother and Director at the care facility. Got some not exact info from them about my dad at the rehab. Spoke with the physician at the rehab to see if we could get the foley out sooner.

Later in the day another call that he was delirious again, sample sent to check for new UTI.

Finally today he had a psych visit and I spoke with that Dr as well. A plan in place, hoping it works. Now waiting to hear if insurance will continue with him with the rehab or not.

Yesterday was not good. Lots of waterfalls, Much because I’m having to try and deal with all of this on top of losing Brian. My brother is doing a yoemans job, it’s just I need to be in the loop. Did go to dinner with my brother and SIL yesterday.

I’m basically taking today off of everything I can.

This merry-go-round really needs to stop.

Yes, take the day off. It's just too much to deal with emotionally all at the same time.

May be even a few days off. One has to get a break and you sure deserve it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back