Moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning All,

Mom’s party was nice. We took Dad up. My brother brought a thumb drive that he had put all the old slides on, so we watched a slide show in her room after the party.

DD also had a good but rough Sat. She received an email from her instructor for the final she took on Friday. She did very well 49/51, she also finished the term with an A. The instructor said the most beautiful things. Complimenting her on dealing with a rigorous course and her family happening and still doing so well. She told her her Dad would be proud. Which brought tears to her eyes and mine too. However, a short bit later she called me bawling her eyes out.

Whenever she would get her grades, she would face time so she could tell Brian and he would smile so big. All she wanted was to see his smile with this good news. She said it was so very motivating to her to see that smile. She was really missing him in that moment. We talked through it and she was ok. She is taking her next final as I type.

Sunday was busy with Church. Then I came home and crashed. Did nothing.

Today, I have a phone meeting with SS and then I need to get this place straightened up a bit. I can’t stand it. I also need to decorate the tree and do some shopping. DD really wants to come home to decorations and if she can pull herself together to accomplish these finals, I need to do the tree for her.

Plus of course there is work stuff to be done.

I’d better get moving.

Sometimes we just need to crash and do nothing...

So proud of your DD pulling it together and rocking those finals. She may take after you in that aspect?!

Our children and parents give us reason to keep moving.

Hugs my friend! You are doing great! Be kind to yourself!

Congrats to your spawn! Wow!

And look at you doing nothing for a change! ;)
Sooner is right, no pressure, don't make decorating a task, keep it as an option. Maybe you daughter would enjoy decorating with you.

Please tell DD that everyone here are just squealing and cheering for her :D

I do like to see that you have some days where you 'crash' - it seems you are learning to take just that little bit of time off and it's great to know.

Love that slide show idea, it must have been nice to do your own thing together in mum's room.

Got a bunch done yesterday. My kitchen table now looks reasonable and for how the Thank you’s are done.

Today I stopped in at work, relaxed a bit. DS came and we, well he got the first coat of paint on the powder room. It looks good. Thankfully it’s a very small room

DDIL came over last night and helped me deco the tree and such. She also brought a bottle of wine and we put on Christmas music. It was a very nice and relaxing evening.

DD has her last final tomorrow. She got an 86 on yesterday’s which she was very pleased with. It was her neuro class and also the most difficult one of the group.

time for dinner

So awesome that you DSIL came and helped you with the tree and brought wine. Sounds wonderful! So thankful for your support system. Every little thing means so much!

Woot Woot! DD is killing those finals! Those are awesome grades for anyone, let alone for someone who has gone thru so much lately. I hope when she comes home, she has a nice relaxing break.

Glad you have your family around. And I hope this holiday season is filled with joy for you all! <3

Wow yesterday was a bit crazy. Went to my volunteer thing in the morning and got a call from my SIL. My mom had gained 4lbs overnight. So we quickly got her a Dr. appt and off I went with her in the afternoon. Didn’t get back home until 6 at which point I crashed.

Dr ordered her Lasix and wants her to drink 3 high protein ensure (or the like) a day. I know she doesn’t get enough protein and have tried to encourage her with that. So on the way home we stopped and got some to get her started. Then last night I ordered 2 cases on Amazon that should be here tomorrow. I will take them Sunday, as we will be celebrating my dads BD.

Today someone from the Cemetary is stopping by. Last bit of paperwork to drop off.

I have work stuff and gift wrapping on the agenda.

Hugs

What kind of volunteering do you do Sue?

I've always been involved in some kind of volunteer work and find it really rewarding to give back in some way.

Hope your mum stays stable today xx

Hi Tillie - I work with a prison ministry. We send bible study courses into inmates in 10 different states. It’s free to the inmates and they have to request it. I’m the treasurer and therefore do the book work. Everything is mailed so we do not go directly into the prisons. It is rewarding to see the prisoners grow throughout the time they study and gives them something positive to do with their time. We can see this as they send the tests back to us for grading and all the tests include thought questions.

We will be taking Mom to get drained again on Monday. She’s been gaining weight at an alarming rate this week. Then on Friday we have a Dr appt for her along with a CT.

DD and I had a rather rough shopping trip yesterday. We needed food, she’s an in and out of the store person. Given my life lately I tend to take a bit more time, esp when it’s not in the store I generally go to, like yesterday. And she was on a mission for some other items as well. So I her single minded haste, I didn’t get things I should have. We ended up in a big of an argument as we drove home.

I then received a very nice poem in the mail from a friend that set us both to tears. Hopefully that helped.

As we all know, we all grieve differently, and my DD is a lot like her father. If she’s not bothered by something, then no one else is either. Partly my fault as due to her finals, I didn’t let her know of my times of struggle. She would have been very bothered by it, and she needed to study, so I kept that from her. She has seen me as the strong one. Due to that, she forgets that I’m really not that strong at all, I just play that on TV so she can succeed.

Then of course I have to continue forward with my Mom and Dad, so again I get pushed to the back.

However, there may be a bright light to taking my Mom to the hospital on Monday. We are supposed to go BIL/SIL’s for Brian’s side Christmas. The Christmas Eve thing is a tradition. I’ve really been feeling like I’m not so sure I’m ready for that. Depending on how long we are at the hospital on Monday, I may have a good excuse to stay home. Esp considering I will need to be up at 4:30 Monday morning for this whole ordeal.

I still need to wrap gifts, something I’m finding incredibly difficult. I can have DD wrap most, but I really need to wrap hers.

The sentiment is still the same ALS Su#ks. It keeps taking even after its “gone”

Hugs

I completely agree Sue! ALS sucks and the nightmare doesn't end when our PALS is free. Just remember there is a light somewhere at the end of the tunnel.

I too am seen as a very strong person and no one realizes that I am struggling as well. I would have done the same thing... kept it from DD as she was taking finals. That is what we do as a "strong" one.

Hugs my friend! My grief counselor told me, as the holidays get here, we get to do or not do whatever we want and we shouldn't feel guilty about it. Do or don't do what works for you... It is your grief and you get to grieve your way.

I hope you can get through these next few days without feeling like you are just playing a role to make things better for everyone else Sue xxx

Some hugs to you, Sue. You taught me the easy way of wrapping gifts yourself, I think: throw 'em in gift bags, done!

Good Morning all,

Well a strange and unusual day yesterday. My DB called about Monday with mom, I told him I planned to go with. He asked what I had planned for that day and told him I was going to go do a WO with DD. He said go with her, I can do this in my sleep, go have fun. That was a bonus and so. Unlike my brother.

Then last evening, just started eating dinner and I get a call from my SIL. Here my dad had fallen early in the day. The home alerted my DB, but said everything seemed fine and he had not hit his head. So then they called him later as he and my SIL were out to dinner with friends to say they were sending him to the hospital to get checked as his walking deteriorated over the day. So I got the call and off I went to the ER. It’s about 5 mins from my house, so no big deal. Got home about 11. They xrayed his pelvis and R ankle as that was what the nurse said seemed to be an issue. Everything clear, but he wasn’t standing very well. I’m guessing bumped and bruised.

Ok, so get to bed and asleep and at Midnight my DB calls, Dad had fallen out of bed. He seemed fine and do to his dementia and sundowners he had been a bit beligerant when I got him back there. So my guess is he tried to climb out of bed. So they had him in a wheel chair sitting with one of the aides until he got sleepy. They had given Ativan.

So, onward and upward.

Today is church, then over to celebrate Dad’s BD, then to a neighbors for drinks. Full day ahead.

Hugs

Sorry to hear about dad. I hope drinks with the neighbors can let you relax a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back