PALS ROLL CALL NEW THREAD (PALS ONLY) [Wednesday or whenever]

Hi all, everything is good here. Waiting for spring though. Just read that we are to expect the hottest summer on record, we just have to wait and see I guess.
Al

We have had the most beautiful day of snow here. It is just a wonderful winter wonderland!

My wife and friend completely shoveled the deck last night, finishing about 9:00 PM.

Here is a picture of what it looks like now!

The picture really does not do it justice. It looks like we have had 18 inches in less than 24 hours. The skiers are very happy.

Steve

Attachments

• 20190303_120549.jpg
    20190303_120549.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 148
Going at it one day at a time!

Wondering how Pete is any word?

Chally

Still hanging around.

Ray

Beginning to see a gradual improvement in the weather--no red-winged blackbirds yet though. Just finishing a course of Radicava--I find it's a good opportunity to meditate. I'm taking part in a ALS-TDI/Google program relating to speech--not sure what will come of it, but it's easy enough to do. Best wishes to all.

Ed

After a few sunny days in the low 80s, cold weather is back.

Playing cards tonight and forgetting about the pool for a few more weeks.

Starting PT next week again

Proctologist was amazed I healed a fissure that was supposed to not heal.

Have wondered why there are many move posts to the “Do I Have ALS” than to the checkin? And on many days that also occurs on the Forum as a whole. Not complaining as it serves a good purpose.

Back down in the single digits at night here in western PA, with light snow during the days. Pretty typical.
Continuing to progress - what a surprise! ;-) - but relatively slow. Using the cane pretty much all the time in the house.
Best wishes to all the PALS and CALS as we journey along this road.

Regards,
Bill

Hi all-
Yesterday was a great ALS support group meeting. The presentation was from a great non profit travel agency that specializes in accessible wilderness and exploration trips for people of all abilities. Not sure I’m allowed to give their name or not but it certainly sparked some ideas for trips this summer.
Nice to think of that while it’s still cold and snowy.
Best wishes-
Mary

Not complaining BUT.....it got down into the high 40s last night. That is mighty cold for Florida in March. Same thing happened last year.

Hoping for lots of sunshine for everyone as Spring forces Winter into hibernation.

Have wondered why there are many move posts to the “Do I Have ALS” than to the checkin? And on many days that also occurs on the Forum as a whole. Not complaining as it serves a good purpose.

There are more anxious people and PALS wannabes than there are PALS who actively use this forum. I agree DIHALS forum serves a good purpose. So does the PALS check in. We just need to keep making use of it.

Seeing signs of Spring coming on here in the northwest. Today I was sitting in the car watching a squirrel running along a fence line carrying a wad of nesting material in its mouth. Pretty cool.

It is certainly not feeling like spring here:). I love snow and am looking forward to getting out skiing again. The conditions should be great!

We have just been through a major snowstorm (should be ending tonight). We have received about 4 feet of snow in the last several days. Another snowstorm is supposed to move in tomorrow, followed by another after that. We have a solid week of snow coming up.

The avalanche danger is the greatest I have ever seen it in Colorado and, according to the new, is the highest it has been since they started keeping track of such things. There have been numerous avalanches along I 70, with quite a few covering the road. No injuries from those avalanches, but it is amazing that we are seeing so many naturally-occurring slides. Obviously, I 70 has been closed numerous times over the last few days and is currently closed.

There was an avalanche today on a very popular backcountry ski run just outside the ski area (the Minturn Mile, if anyone knows the area). It was a naturally occurring slide and nobody was caught in it (great news).

Most avalanches are human-caused. Seeing so many naturally-occurring slides is simply amazing. I am looking forward to getting out when the weather is better and seeing the avalanche debris from the slides.

Steve

Good day all, happy to report that on Monday evening I enjoyed my dinner in the normal way, not bad for a fella that had a feeding tube put in four years ago. Four years ago I could hardly swallow and Monday evening I enjoyed a burger, fries, and a glass of milk. I now eat all my meals in the normal way, and I eat what ever I want, I still cannot talk or walk with out the aid of a walker but I do enjoy my meals. I still have the tube but only for meds, to everyone never stop trying, you never know what you might gain.
Al

Happy Wednesday.

Went to a local support group yesterday. It seems odd that my CALS and I are now veterans of these support groups, providing comfort and information to newbies when we ourselves were newbies not that long ago.

Friday I’m to be the featured speaker at a local ALSA fundraising luncheon. My speech is somewhat slurred and nasal, so it will be interesting, but this should be a supportive crowd.

Hello All,

Our weather has been undecided. I sat out on the pool deck Saturday and then it got cold again. By April, the Southern breeze will replace the colder air from the North and the pool area will once again be active.

I'm going to a St. Patrick's day dinner at a friend's house. It's in my condo so I can just take an elevator up with minimal walking.

I did take Ace to the dog park this past week. He loved it. I made it about 1/4 mile on foot. I think he was tired because he hasn't had as many walks lately. Fortunately, the fenced-in park will be operational by Summer so he can run again.

Back