Reason
Other
Country
UK
State
Cumbria
City
Carlisle
Hello, I am 16 years old, now I know that it's extremely unlikely that I have ALS, but recently over the past few weeks I've noticed that my hand/forearm is weaker than usual (when I clasp my hand it feels week, I also notice this when holding a pen), also my foot/ankle has the same feeling, and I've had difficulty with my balance (this is more recent). Again I know that it's extremely unlikely that I have this disease, but I am extremely worried and would really appreciate it if someone could help me out. Thanks!

It is extremely unlikely, and even more unlikely to present in all the ways you describe at once. I would look at your diet, hydration, stress, sleep and exercise, and having worked on these, see a GP if your symptoms progress.

Best,
Laurie

Thanks. It's probably just me stressed or dehydrated, I do get quite anxious and also get very tired every day so yeah it is probably not ALS.

Go see a doctor, your problem can be fixed and there is NO WAY it is ALS.

Also tell mum so someone who knows you can support you. But you need to leave here, it's very bad for you to be here.

Go see a doctor, your problem can be fixed and there is NO WAY it is ALS.

Also tell mum so someone who knows you can support you. But you need to leave here, it's very bad for you to be here.

Thank you Tillie for saying it is very bad for him to be here. This can actually be a hard place to be even for the PALS and CALS, the people who really are in this Titanic of a boat we call ALS. I don't read here as much as I use to because sometimes it scares me at a time when we are doing relatively well.

Fergawdsake, DO NOT come here with your health anxiety. I promise it will make you feel horrible.

Sorry I;m here again but lately I have been experiencing more symptoms. My neck feels weak and I get a lot of saliver in my mouth, I am now very worried that I have bulbar onset. This will be my last post.

You are pulling out legs, so please leave now.

You find a new symptom and say it will be your last post. That does not make sense.

So stick to that sentence - make it your last post, and go tell mum and dad you are scared again and let them get you to help. Children DO NOT BELONG HERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back