Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
CA
City
Orange County
After aspirating into her lungs Friday night, Kathy was admitted to the comfort care department of the hospital, where she received the most loving, tender care by an amazing and professional nursing staff.

My sister, mother and niece gathered around her bed and sang Barry Manilow songs at the top of our lungs.

We watched the Steelers football game with the entire family, Then we toasted her with champagne and put some on her lips. Everyone left the room and Jim climbed into bed with her. I stood beside him so he wouldn't fall out. He spoke to her and told her to go. Everyone came back into the room and she passed one or two moments later.

It was the most precious, peaceful moment I've ever experienced.

Kathy's students are sending beautiful moving messages of love. She was a dedicated, professional RN who cared for everyone all her life. The world has lost a beautiful, beautiful lover of life and we are grateful.

I am so sorry. But what a beautiful passing. You have been a very loving faithful caregiver. I hope you can find comfort as Kathy flies free

I'm so very sorry for the loss of such a beautiful person.

You will all have so much comfort in giving her such a peaceful passing. Everything from the great care centre and the love of you all would have made all the difference in the world.

I hope you find peace soon xxx

Jen, what a lovely passage. Thank you for sharing, and for all the patient, thoughtful care you gave her while dealing with your dad's illness and your own issues. I know we have members in that area, who would be interested in the good hospital unit you found, if you are willing to share that at some point as well.

Best,
Laurie

We should all be so lucky as to pass with such a loving family supporting us.

Such a sweet passing. Sorry for your loss...

Jim

So very sorry. Her troubles are over.
Vincent

I am thinking of you, and of all of your loved ones at this time.
I am saddened to hear of your loss.
Kathy was surrounded by love...
And love is the greatest gift of all.
God Bless.
Truly,
Laura.

I am so sorry for the loss that you and your family shared. This is a beautiful end to a beautiful story of family love and grace. I will never understand how this disease takes over such amazing loved ones and family. the sharing of her passing has brought tears to my eyes. I was just sitting here and was having a personal rough few moments and something moved me to check in on the forum. I can't thank you enough for putting some prospective in to my thoughts. Love is the greatest gift of all and you shared that with all of us. My heart goes out to you and everyone here tonight.

So sorry Jen.

tc

So sorry for your loss Jen, but so glad that Kathy was surrounded by those she loved. Bless you for all you have done. Wishing you peace as you move on.

So sorry to hear about your loss. Prayers that happy memories will help your heart to heal. Hugs, Kim

This nightmare has no days off! Jen, sending good thoughts your way. Much love chally

We had the memorial service this weekend. It was emotional, but I'm glad we've closed that door. I'm planning to wake up with new enthusiasm tomorrow.
I created a slide show on animoto. I'm happy with how it came out, tho it didn't play right at the service.

in memory of Kathy

Thank you for the kind thoughts and words of support. I was overwhelmed by the loving vigil you kept with me at the end.

Jen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back