Does anyone think GM604 actually works ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitchener

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
03/2011
Country
AU
State
Western Australia
City
Perth
Hi
Does anyone think GM604 actually works ? I've had a look at the publicly available data and Genervon's website and it looks pretty flaky to me. Also I'm not sure a social media campaign can substitute for clinical data. Then again, I'm no clinician. I'm asking because I have discovered that as an Australian (ie non-US) resident I can potentially access this drug (unapproved). Question is, do I bother ? Is it a magic bullet, snake oil or something in between ? Any thoughts greatly appreciated...

If you have not read the very long thread on this My personal take. It is likely safe. It is an interesting theory and if someone gave me the opportunity I would probably try it but it was given to 9 PALS ( 8 in the study plus one with advanced disease on a vent for compassionate use). It was a short study. The study results have not been publicly reported but rather information given out in a press release. As far as I know the doctors who directed the study have not supported the push for immediate release but think it is worth more study So if you can try it without losing your chance for another study or paying a million dollars you may have little to lose. Have you been told there is drug available?

>Have you been told there is drug available?

& where?

Hi
I have been told by Genervon that the drug is potentially available to me as a non-US resident living in a country (Australia) where it is legal to personally import unapproved medication to treat intractable or terminal conditions. I need the support of my neurologist on one of the many forms involved. Genervon has not promised to supply me, but said that they are currently exporting to 25 countries with a similar access regime

Hi
I have been told by Genervon that the drug is potentially available to me as a non-US resident living in a country (Australia) where it is legal to personally import unapproved medication to treat intractable or terminal conditions. I need the support of my neurologist on one of the many forms involved. Genervon has not promised to supply me, but said that they are currently exporting to 25 countries with a similar access regime
Hi Kitchener — Did they say which countries GM604 is available in? Just wondering if US citizens could go abroad for treatment.

Thanks,
David

They didn't say what countries. You could ask Genervon directly - I have found them quite responsive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back