Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Illinoise
City
Burchfield
About 5-6 months ago I noticed twitching in my left calve during an anxic episode I was having. Understanding that this was likely due to my anxiety I wrote it off. About three or four days later they had spread to my left arm and since have traveled everywhere. I understand twitching is not inductive of anything, I seen my GP and she asked me a few things looked at me (didn't test) took blood and sent me on my way. Blood work came back fine, flash forward to now and I can no longer move my left pinky finger well or even perform simple tasks as crossing it over my ring finger also my left forearm gets tired extremely easily. Whole left side of body feels and seems weaker then right. I understand that this disease at any age is incredibly rare, and at my age the odds are astronomical but all anyone takes it as is anxiety. Which is incredibly frustrating because i can know for certain it is more than that. Thank you for your responses and I hope you all are doing well. Also please understand I mean no Disrespect I'm not searching for an als diagnoses but just simply a diagnoses in general. Thank uou

The road to answers is through your doctor. You have a different symptom now with your hand issue. Go and have it examined. The chances of being ALS are as you say very low more so for a young person as you imply you are. You describe a localized issue in your hand and a lot of feeling which is not the way ALS works. There are a multitude of possible reasons for your hand problem that are infinitely more likely than ALS. Most of them are fixable if addressed promptly. Pick up the phone and make an appointment

Last edited:
ALS is about "failing", not "feeling". We really can't help you here, you need to see your doctor. Good luck!

So i should see a doctor about this? I don't have health insurance so it's hard for me to see a doctor at times. I don't per se have much problem moving it as much as i do worrying about not being able to cross it over my ring finger. It doesn't seem nearly as strong as my right but then again my right is my dominate hand.

Yes, if you are concerned you need to see a Dr. It could be tons of things and from what you wrote I honestly don't feel ALS is even a remote possibility. You could have something like carpal tunnel going on. You are getting yourself way worked up unnecessarily in my opinion. I'm sure you can get on a payment plan or something for your tests. I work at a local hospital and we have several programs set up to help people pay their medical bills. Please log off and try drinking a warm glass of milk or listen to some relaxing music to calm you. Being on here or talking to Dr. Google is just going to add to you diagnosis. We truly can't help you at this point because we aren't doctors and can't give you a diagnosis. Please log off and call your Dr. in the morning.

Also on twitches, I've read here multiple times about if you can flex and they stop then most likely bfs correct? What if the come right back after muscle is relaxed again? Still non indicative to als?

I will attempt to do so. I do tend to get myself worked up, just never had any real health problems up to this point. Not that anyone of my age should(eighteen)Thank you for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back