Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
Ca
City
Lafayette
A member of our community, Lou Ferrari, just fell to ALS after a seven month struggle. He was only 52. He was a fierce competitor. At our October walk my team raised $20,000 to come in second place. Team Ferrari came in first with $75,000! He will be missed.
Also, I fell for the first time. Stumbled in the bathroom and hit my head on a grab bar. Profusion of blood, but no damage.
Two falls in one day. Alex

Please be careful Alex! Sorry for your loss.

we can't take these falls like we use to. i hope your alright alex. i took some to so i can't say any more.

Sorry for your loss, Alex.

As for the fall, wait till Tillie get a hold of you!
Marty

Oh Alex, how awful to get this news of your friend and then to have a fall in the bathroom. I so hate this monster :(

Please think about using a walker to keep yourself safe. Head injuries can be serious and are so much more easily brought about when the arms are too weak to save you at all during a fall.

That's why I don't have grab bars!

Seriously. I hope you get over this head injury soon and well.

So sorry to hear of your friend's passing. He sounds like a wonderful man.

I'm so sorry, both for the loss of your friend and for your falls. Please be careful!

So sorry for your loss and your accident. Hope you're feeling better.

I am so sorry.

>A member of our community, Lou Ferrari, just fell to ALS after a seven month struggle.

our condolences ... we never forget!

>Also, I fell for the first time. Stumbled in the bathroom and hit my head on a grab bar. Profusion of blood, but no damage.

#1 don't fall
#2 don't hang around sick people, at 1st sign of respiratory issue go to doc
#3 conserve energy, rest, never push it, try to relax

ALS is about living, not dying!

:)

glad you're ok!

Be careful, Alex, and learn to fall like I did today - onto a sofa. I nearly landed on the six week old puppy lying there. This was my first fall..

I'm so sorry Alex, for the loss of your friend and that you fell. I hope your injury heals quickly. I went from using a cane to a walker after a fall I had a few weeks ago, and I now much prefer the walker...it doesn't hurt the back, and I feel more stable with it.

When I broke my toe earlier this year (not recommended for CALS), I used Chris walker whenever he was sitting. I could not believe how good they are! Trying one with no reason for it does not give you any indication of how well they work until you need one!

I would scoot up and down the house a lot backwards sitting on it, but when I had things to carry I could put them on the seat and get around pretty well.

I so recommend PALS to start using one as soon as they are unsteady because falls are so dangerous. I know I harp this a bit, but I know too many stories both from experience with Chris and talking to PALS and CALS for the past 2 years.

Stay safe PALS we love you.

Please be careful, I spent Christmas morning at the ER last year.

Janie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back