Diagnosis
07/2013
Country
US
State
SC
City
Gaffney
I was diagnosed in October 2013. Started with dropped foot on right side and loss of motor skills in left hand. I stopped running my business and put my son in charge of running it and I'm retired. Things seem to be progressing way to fast for my comfort, Both legs are getting weaker and both hands and arms are getting weaker. I get extremely tired very easy. I don't want to just do nothing, so I continue doing odd jobs around the house and suffer for a day or two. I'm veteran and thank God for all of their support. :grin:

Looking forward to making new friends and search for answers.

Welcome Dan, sorry that you have to be here. It is a blessing to have the veteran benefits, I don't know how we would do it without it. Be careful about pushing yourself too hard, as it will speed up the progression. I am glad my husband enjoys reading so much, as it takes up a lot of idle time. We try and get out frequently for a walk, or shopping, and just enjoy our beautiful view. If you can afford to why not travel while you are still able. Anyway, again welcome, I think you will find some really impressive people here to converse with and get support from.

Paulette

Thanks Paulette. My wife will be retiring in 3 weeks and we plan on doing some traveling,

thanks for serving our country!

Hi, Dan - Welcome

>Things seem to be progressing way to fast for my comfort, Both legs are getting weaker and both hands and arms are getting weaker. I get extremely tired very easy.

yes, the consensus around here seems to be 'conserve strength'.

>I'm veteran and thank God for all of their support.

Me, too, and I am not sure how we would get by without their support!

I'm glad you have joined us. Again, welcome.

Max

Hi Dan,
I am sorry that you have to be on this site but, you will find tons of useful information and probably answers to all your questions. Be sure to check with the VA you will get a lot of help from them too.

Rick

Thank you Couponguy..

Thanks Rick, I have already found a lot of good info on this site.

Dan

Thanks Tom, It is hard to slow down and conserve my strength. Maybe this site will encourage me to do so for my benefit.

Dan

Hi Dan,
Welcome to the forum but so sorry for your need to be here. Make sure you contact the VA to get all your benefits. They have been terrific in providing stuff for my dad. Don't know what we would've done without them. Looking forward to getting to know you. Your wife is welcome to join us as welll. Kim

Thanks Kim, I have not been assigned a social worker as of yet within the VA but have been working with PVA group. I hope I can get started on the Home improvements as soon as possible. The VA SAH grant are due to come by on the 3rd of April. I plan on building on an addition with the requirements of VA.

Welcome Dan! Just wish we never had to meet you through ALS!
Glad you are making plans to travel, you will have to keep us up to speed with the where and when please.
Hugs
Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back