Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Virginia
City
Richmond
Around a month ago I was having persistent back troubles. It was like I could never sit down for more than 5 minutes at a time. It felt like my upper back was on fire/ annoying. I've literally woken up and felt so stiff. Something I'm not used to at all. After addressing "Dr. Google" I saw that twitching was a sign of ALS. Of course, my right calf has been twitching non stop (3 full weeks) since then. I've also noticed twitching all over. My right shoulder was nonstop for three days about a week ago. I can see and feel the twitching in my calf. I've seen four doctors, including a neurologist. Reflexes and strength are great. They keep telling me it's anxiety and BFS. My neuro looked at me like I was dumb... He said don't come back unless I have weakness (foot drop was his example) or if the twitching causes my body parts to move abnormally. The last three days my muscles have been so sore to the touch in my arms/right hip. It's still a bit sore. I'm also experiencing small spots of pain all over. I don't know if it's cramping or what..I'll admit that I'm a hypochondriac but I've never experienced anything like this. I just don't see how anxiety and fear could be doing this. I can barely sleep, it's all I think about and honestly every time I'm about to pass out I get a twitch or a body part moves suddenly waking me up. Doctor prescribed me vitamin d 50,000 I/U and Celexa... I'm also turning 22 this month so I know that plays into why the doctors brush me off. Does this sound like als?

Thanks. Just my arms being so sore seems weird. When I flex my muscles they hurt a lot. Seems like the pain has gone in my right arm.

what is BFS?
But, I know you are scared. Don't trust the internet and trust the neuro. Take a look at what you are eating, and your anxiety levels and add in distractions. ie/ exercise, work, etc. There are so many diseases and so many reasons for twitching, there is no need for you to worry about the worst. I wish you well.
Mary

It's been so cold so I haven't been exercising. Usually would sleep a lot and I wasn't eating too well. Recently I've added better food to my diet. Thank you :)

If you have not yet done so since you have a bfs dia gnosis please look at the about bfs si te. I think you will find many people with similar histories

Good luck

That's ensuring, thank you!

Mary - BFS = benign fasciculation syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back