09/2009
Country
US
State
NV
City
Reno
My goodness, it is December already! Here
in the western US, We are getting lots of rain, will be heading East to all of you soon. It is a warm storm, no snow till about 7500 ft. We have flood warnings here, with the Truckee River expected to flood parts of Reno sometime tomorrow. We are safe from the river flooding, but are in a high wind area. Winds will be around 70 mph later this evening where we live.

Last edited:
Stay safe SadieMae.

Flooding is scary. I remember years back when airport was flooded- my vacation was extended.

Probably 1997. In 2005,w the last time it flooded, but 97 was real bad. In 2004, Reno got hit with over 7 ft of snow over s five day period. Good thing it is warm or we would be getting that again. Sad for the ski resorts, as the snow level is now supposed to be 10,000 ft.

well the winds havr arrived, gusts of 80 mph right now. About 3 hrs of wind, the the heavy rains will arrive Flooding we begin around noon.

Keep safe...thinking of you...rough weather's scary...

Stay safe. I think (if I have my time frames right) your flooding may be starting now. I awoke a few times last night and heard strong wind -not 80 mph though! I don't like the strong wind here cause of the tree-falling risks. I hate those high winds and can't imagine something that strong. But, for you, the flooding must be a worse threat.

Hope all is well there as noon arrives.

These type of winds are pretty common around here. We are in no danger with the river flooding. Just staying inside all day today.

These type of winds are pretty common around here. We are in no danger with the river flooding. Just staying inside all day today. Snow level is dropping fast, so the flooding will not happen. We may get snow here tonight

Last edited:
We have had horrendous downpours and wind... Our streets are flooding! We get the weather about an hour before you do...

Jen

we will gladly take your rain here in Oklahoma – our severe drought continues. Small chance of rain today of up to 1/2 inch. It hasn't rained since early October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back