02/2010
Country
US
State
Union
City
Elizabeth
Good Day everybody,

I'm new to this forum, and this is the first post I made about my Dad who was diagnosed with ALS february 27 2010. He has been fighting with this terrible monster for a while now and stands at a point where can't move legs, hands, its beginning to affect lungs, and speak has been drastically affected. He was under CEFRIAXONE STUDY for 8 months after he realized it was kind of stupid being under this study since it was not doing anything to him but to keep him away from being able to play with his grandson, so he took it off. After looking and looking he got very interested in STEM CELLS and after having a very good and delicate search about it, we decided to go to Mexico Monterrey to have this performed. Its been 4 weeks now since the surgery, and doctors said if it would work, it will take about 3 months to show improvement. I know lot of you folks don't believe in this treatment, but we do, and we are praying that at least! it helps out with the respiration.

PS: I will keep updating you guys with the progress of the disease or if there is any improvement. Also, I'm willing to answer ANY question you may have about this journey. Thanks everybody!

David.

would love that you do thanks

Please keep us posted. I have to believe something is going to help!

Good luck
Please do keep us posted.

Good luck, I truly hope that it works for your Dad.

The Best to your Dad and yes please keep us updated on his progress, and thank you.

Thank you for your post as I believe this is the future for those with ALS. Could you post info for the clinic your dad went to with any contact info. I want to establish contact with them for my wife a.s.a.p.!

All best wishes to you and your dad, Carefiesta. Hoping and praying it works.

Please inform on IF the treatment in Mexico has helped. My fiance was diagnosed with ALS Sept. 2010, his ALS nurse that checks him & reports to his Dr. decided yesterday that his care be changed to 24 hr. round the clock aides with Hospice care now. Does anyone know if this deciding on Hospice care is sometimes a wrong / to early choice, or ever reversed after ? Thanks ..

Our neuro says stem cell research still too soon to help, but without hope, we have nothing. Prayers to your dad and yes please, please keep us posted as to his progress. I would love to see these miracles become a reality for all the PALS.

Yes, Please keep Us posted I would like more information ....like what Clinic he went to and what Doctors he saw in Mexico, Please

Hello Everybody,

Thanks for those wishing me the best! we are hanging in there, positive and helping dad with all our efforts. And for "bobsgirl", "momfromtx" & "andy leopold" that have asked me information regarding the StemCell procedure, I'll be more than glad to help you guys with everything I can. First of All, I would like to Clarify about some SCAMS that are around the world from people supposely helping ALS patients but in reality what they are doing its TAKING YOUR MOENY. Here is a LINK to the TV program "60 Minutes" very interesting about someone who was stealing peoples money telling them "They will be cured" by a StemCell treatment in Mexico, WE DID NOT USE THIS GUY of curse:

60 Minutes Video - "60 Minutes" Presents: 21st Century Cons - CBS.com

Be very careful about who you contact about this treatments, now if you are interested in the place where my dad got his Stem Cell treatment, here it is the hospital information where he got the surgery:

* Hospital San José Tec de Monterrey
Ave. Morones Prieto No. 3000 Pte. Col. Los Doctores
64710 Monterrey, N.L., México
Teléfono : 81-8347-1010

Now, the Neurologist HEAD OF THIS TREATMENTS in Monterrey is Dr. Héctor Ramón Martinez and below him it's a very nice group of people that work with him making all this process. But if you need to contact someone about the treatment and get any information about it, you will have to contact the Coordinator who is in charge of admitting all the patients into the process and direct them on how everything works.

Coordinator Marcela Rojas
and she can be reached at her Office 81-834-63292 (To dial to Mexico you do it like this 011-52-81-834-63292)
but most of the time she is with patients just like us when we were there in Mexico she was with us all the time helping us.

Please! do your research first, talk to your Doctors about it, get informed about the treatment etc...

Also, I'm going to insert some Pictures here from our Trip to Mexico in the Hospital and the surgery because I WANT you guys to see this since I haven't see no body else sharing their information like I'm doing right now.

This photo is for a CATHETER that you get in order to retrieve the Stem Cells from your Blod:
photo.php

The machine they use to drain your blood through the Catheter and get the Stem Cells from it:
photo.php

The cuts and the Surgery on the Head:
photo.php

The Cuts and the Surgery on the head:
photo.php

A picture of Dr. Hector Ramon Martinez and Coordinator Marcela Rojas:
photo.php

As I said before, don't hesitate in asking me any questions you may have, I'm willing to help.

Regards,
David

Guys, i've posted a very long post with Information and pictures, but is pending for aproval since it is a long post i guess.

We'll be looking for it. Thanks for sharing! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back