Status
Not open for further replies.
?Badbalance: what post your comment for?

I apologize in advance for speaking for Badbalance but I am quite sure that he was speaking to hke200 who is the caregiver for her husband yet threw out the concept that persoanlity traits such as being weak and not being able to handle stress were triggers of ALS.

Y'all have to remember that we post from all over the world! Sometimes things get lost in the translation... hke2000 is from Turkey!

In one of the texts I have read about ALS ,it is said that people who are so sensitive and weak are more probable to have ALS .

I don't think hke2000 meant sensitive and weak like we would express it. I would like to think that was a reference to a predisposition in the genes.

I think Personlity characteristics are also important .

That could've meant "Type A - driving personality or any number of other personality traits!"

I will give hke2000 the benefit of the doubt...At first read it seems as you have suggested, but I've lived overseas and saw the post differently. Course, I could be wrong as hell! ;)

Good point about stuff being lost in translation. I speak French and some Russian, and occaisaionally use a translation porgram when I get lazy. What is comes up with is funny and often far off the mark. so we may be losing somehting in translation. All of PALS has CLINICAL weakness...part of the diagnosis. But your are right that intent could be anything.

Hi Blade. I am not a PALS - my best friend died July 1st and I am very committed to helping others with ALS. People here have been pitched many solutions and they are frustrated. Everyone who is diagnosed goes down a similar road only to find it riddled with snake-oil salesmen. Please dont get angry at anyone for presuming you have nefarious motives.

You will find that there are links, such as to the Gulf War and ALS, but nothing available that would confirm the cause. If you have access to a university library, you will find a wealth of information and may want to start there. Unfortunately, there will be little in the way of answers here as we are all asking the same questions. All the best and good luck to your friend. Jodi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back