Diagnosis
09/2010
Country
th
State
phuket
City
patong
that's where i am now and it is so frustrating i am real close to ending this nightmare

I wish I knew an answer to your question. my prayers are with you.

Rex can you move any body part at all? If so, maybe some sort of door bell attachment? Sending you lots of good wishes.
Laurel

Rex,
Can you use a computer mouse (with an extension cord) to play a sound on a computer? Or press a cell phone button to play a ringtone?

That would be my suggestion--something on the computer via eye gaze technology.

Perhaps if you told us what you can actually still move, we could provide you with some better options/opinions. How do you post on the forum?

Brian

Can you move anything at all. If you could like hook a wind chime to a string your finger or toe. Or click a remote for a fan to blow on it or the fan on an a/c. Or one of those remote doorbells. I know these sound dumb, just trying to help. Need more info...

are you able to grind your teeth? this is what my pals does. he is completely paralyzed and on a vent too. when im not sleeping right next to him, his mom uses a baby monitor and she can hear him grinding his teeth when he needs something.

Just realized that maybe i should stop saying he is completely paralyzed. Guess he's not if he can grind his teeth.
Anyways, hope this helps.
Otherwise, you may have to ask one of your girls to stay awake during the night.

We used a doorbell for the foot that could move a bit. When that was no longer reliable, I set up his Dynavox so that Terry could set off the alarm with eyegaze.

bl00dy hell eyegaze is usd17000
think i'll do without and leave more money to my family

Rex,

There are many people here which can provide other thoughts and really would like to help you, but you would have to tell us what you can still move.

Brian

well i guess to write on this forum there must e sth still functionning in your body...

LOSTIN,
You're in Thailand, right?
Hire someone to stay awake, so your spouse can sleep.
We placed a baby monitor with infrared video near my PALS, so it could see in the dark, and I could watch my PALS and listen to every sound.

We use the Tobii eyegaze computer system. It has a program called Sonokey that has a screen that we have customized with alarm buttons all over it so all he has to do is focus anywhere on the screen with his eyes and an alarm goes off. Personally, my husband has trouble even with his eyes so I set my phone alarm to wake me at least every hour to check on him when I caregive because I don't trust that he will be able to focus to wake me. I work full time and in the beginning, I had trouble sleeping in between but now my body has adjusted and I fall back to sleep almost immediately after I tend to him.

we have a regular old sweatband that has a VERY sensitive switch on it that is hooked to a "Big Mac" speaker. Jen can move her eyebrow about an 1/8th of an inch but it is enough to trigger the speaker. We set the volume very high and put it by my ear....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back