Diagnosis
11/2010
Country
US
State
CALIFORNIA
City
san diego
hi all, im looking into a speech device that medicare will aprove. is there a divice that is able to go online and also be used to talk for me and it needs to be hands free. :confused:

Have you looked in the "Tips, Tricks and Gadgets" section? And do a search...maybe for "eyegaze". The search button is up in the blue bar, top of page. I hope you find what you're looking for.

I found this...
If you can't use your hand/arms and need a speaking device then the options are reduced. I have a free program on my netbook called CameraMouse (just google it) that uses the built in webcam to move the cursor around by telling the program to focus on a part of my face. When I move my head the cursor moves and I can select letters on an onscreen keyboard or through another interface program like Dasher. Joel has more experience with this than me because I can still type and haven't practiced.

Other than that there is the Dynavox EyeGaze system which I have no experience with at all.

I don't know of any apps for the iPod/iPhone/iPad for someone who can't type but things change so fast now that you never know what they will come up with next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back