Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
NV
City
Reno
We are going back to pain clinic tomorrow for trigger point injections for lower back pain. Last month when we were there we mentioned that his cramping in his legs was getting worse, and said on next visit he may prescribe Requip, which is for Restless leg symptoms. I researched it, and it is also used for Parkinson. Has any tried it? HUGS Lori

My husband used it for a while, this was about 4 years ago. It did help a little but be careful of the side effects- it caused a lot of compulsive buying, gambling problems and severely increased sex drive (not that I am complaining but he talked about it constantly too, didn't matter where we were) , he had to stop using it and it really didn't stop the cramping all together. He is now on Klonopin which settles the legs a little and does let him get some sleep.

I found Quinine sulphate best for leg cramps. Some states won't allow it for cramping but it doesn't cost anything to ask.

AL.

Hi We live in Reno, so the gambling is already here! I did read about the side effects, and doctor suggested Quininne too, so I am going to order some from Canada. The website I found said at the very bottom that it was against the law to do it, but what the heck, I will try to order it. If not, I may call on my Canada friends to send some. The doc said quinnine is the best. HUGS Lori

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back