Status
Not open for further replies.
This is awful. I am so sorry that you're stuck without a lift. I do think it's worth a visit to the ER, and refusing to go home until there's a plan in place to safely move you. The last time Dad was in the hospital, we said we can't take him home until we have a way to suction him.

Have you requested a lift from the loaner closet?

Have a lift coming on Thursday. Now to find out who can train us.

I'm so glad to hear a lift is coming. You can figure it out from watching youtube videos. I think the PT showed us once, but we refreshed by watching youtube.

I got trained by home healthcare OT. Hospice will train you too. Keeping fingers crossed that all goes smoothly!

Just a reminder. Everyone who has a power lift remember to learn how to do an emergency release. Don’t forget what happened to Kay!

Last edited:
Hopefully you can get a good OT to train you. The ones (yes multiple) we had were pretty clueless on lifts. If the manufacturer has a YouTube video, they are usually very helpful. Best of luck.

If we had listened to the so-called OT who "trained" me, we could not have functioned at all, since according to him, using a lift where the beds were wasn't possible.

You will learn the most by working within your own space. I do recommend that all CALS be lifted themselves, during the training.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back