seanm

Country
US
State
MD
City
Towson
Hi everyone,

I am wondering if foot drop symptoms can come and go, and how is it diagnosed? THank you.

No it does not. If you have it you have it for keeps. Weak shin muscles basically allow your foot to slap down. Neuro watches you walk and pushes and pulls on sole of foot. That will give her/him an idea of weakness.

AL.

Ah, thanks for this information. Do you think a podiatrist or chiropractor can also test for it? Thanks again! :)

I doubt they'd have anything to compare it too. Probably not something they'd get a request for every day. Neuro's at least in the ALS Clinics do it every day. A busy Neuro who sees a lot of MND patients is a better bet.

AL.

sean,

If you have foot drop you would not be able to flex your foot towards you from the ankle.

So far, I can do it, but it hurts my leg to do it. Thanks.

Al,

Does it ever feel better. Not go away completely but after therapy maybe a little movment that was not there before?

Hard to say Greg. You may be able to build the muscles around the affected ones a bit but the affected ones usually don't show improvement. It also depends on what type MND you have or if you have something else. There is no definitive answer. If you had a sure thing 100% diagnosed of ALS I'd say it doesn't get better. Yours gets better so I'd lean away from ALS.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back