Diagnosis
07/1998
Country
US
State
California
City
Benicia
Several years ago I realized I was creating my own reality…literally. I understood that my thoughts were causing things to happen; manifesting situations, people, and objects. As I examined my past, I saw that I had been doing this all my life. I began to deliberately use this tool, and it is has enhanced my life immeasurably.

At first I thought I had some special ability, but now I know that everyone can do this. In fact, we are all doing it all the time, we just don't realize it. The human mind is unique in the known Universe. Our attention focused on our perceived surroundings and circumstances, actually creates and changes reality. Quantum Physics proves this scientifically. It is a law of the Universe just like gravity. What you think about will manifest in your life, consciously or unconsciously, positive or negative. If this process is happening anyway, you might as well take control and guide it in a direction that will bring you happiness.

Applying this principle is crucial when confronting a difficult life circumstance such as ALS. If you habitually focus on the "bad things" that are happening to you and repeatedly cultivate negative emotions, the Universe will dutifully provide you with more situations that generate these thoughts and feelings. On the other hand, if you work to cultivate positive thoughts and emotions, even gratitude, the Universe will comply by providing an abundance of positive experiences. It will manifest more things for which to be grateful. I use my mind (the only thing I have left, but also the most powerful tool I ever had at my disposal), to deliberately create peace, understanding, compassion, and well-being in my life. :-D

This is so nice and what I needed to read...

Ive been pretty low today. Symptoms are tough and my hands get weaker all the time. I sm scared but every time I read something you have written, I feel hope grow inside me. You are an inspiration Mike. :-D

Wow, Mike! You echo so many of my own personal beliefs! And so many of the ideas that my church puts forth. (Unity) You are so absolutely correct that we can & do create our own reality. Consciously or unconciously. Physically and emotionally. Yes, the universe does not care what it gives you. But give you, it will! Isn't it amazing that we can decide what that will be?

I have only begun to explore your website. So far..........amazing. Thank you for taking the time to share with everyone here. Your positive energy goes far.

Linda

P.S. Have you read/seen "The Secret"?

mike,

You are very in inspirational. I love your artwork.

Thanks Mike. I needed that.

Hope!

Hi Mike

Loved your post! My husband is my inspiration and hero, you come in second! :-D

My husband chooses LIFE and won't give in. His faith sustains him each day!

This disease stinks and I am hoping, praying each day for a cure for each person afflicted. This is my HOPE.

Patty

Good post and so very true. For those of you who want to explore this a bit more there is a video called "The secret" that discusses this very issue. Positive thoughts manifest themselves into good things, be it health or anything else for that matter.
Mark

Forum my inspiration

Even tho I haven't posted I check in once in awhile to keep my sanity and try to focus. I have taken a bit of a leave from what my biggest hope to do. Since ALS runs in our family and there is such a big family, I know there has to be answer in studying our family. I started to pursue getting in touch with Dr Guy Rouleau at Montreal General but had to set it aside because of the major problems with my 30 year old crack addict son. As of yesterday he has been arrested and is in jail. Now I have to try to piece my life back together so I can proceed. He has drained me financially and mentally but every time I want to give up I get on this forum to keep me in focus. Also yesterday my 54 year old sister has been hospitalize with major health issues. Her liver and kidneys are starting to fail, she also has ovarian cancer and I have asked her doctor to not overlook the possibility of ALS since she also has shown some symptons. I right now have 2 cousins with ALS. My house is up for sale as we are building a retirement home on 2 1/2 acres of land. The house will be finished at end of May. Once my life settled down and I am in my new home I hope to make finding a cure my main focus. Also my mother died of ALS in 1992 and my 49 year old sister followed in 1996 from ALS. We are up to 8 confirmed and some unconfirmed. But I will try to keep in focus and the positive is my husband and I to retire in our dream home. Sorry for rambling. God bless you all you are all very brave and inspirational.

Also

Yesterday was to hardest thing I had to do, I love my son very much and I am hurting so much and am so afraid of what will become of him I hope I am saving his life. I thought years ago when my mom was on life support and having to fight to get her off because it was what she wanted. It was such a battle, they use to post security guards outside her room when I came there so I would not do something terrible like let her go peacefully.

Hello Thumbs up. Sorry things are not going so well fro you right now. It is a big hole in your heart to watch a child do harm to himself or herself. My thoughts are with you tonight. Cindy

quadbliss thank you so much ...i read your post almost daily b/c i have similar beleifs and have always !I read over and over b/c sometimes even though i have always believed that somehow it gets lost in the grief and confussion and shock of losing the one you tried so hard to hang on to.....thankyou.....Gina

Gina, I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

Thumbsup,Thankyou so much for your support i cant imagine the turmoil you are going through right now !How incredibely strong you must be!You are in my prayers as well.....let go and let god!...Gina

Hi thumbs! Sorry to hear about all the hardship you are encountering. I pray to God that He places his comforting/healing hands over your family. I believe I got a pm from you here a while back. I read it, and was about to reply when the phone rang, and ran to answer the phone. I then forgot to get back to the computer. So when I came back to the computer, I went to check my email. Gina was trying to get in touch, and my pm box was full, so I hurriedly emptied my pm box,. I accidently deleted your message. Sorry!

I am so sorry for the life that your son chose. Believe me, it is a blessing that he got arrested, and put in jail. He needs time alone from drugs and bad company, in order to clear his head, and yes make time for the Lord. If I were you I'd leave him there. He ain't going nowhere! If he comes out, you know what's gonna happen. Keep us posted. Am praying to God that everything goes well your way. God bless!

Irma

Gina,

I am so sorry about the difficulties you are currently dealing with. I know everything looks pretty bleak right now, but as the grief begins to dissipate, (and it will), remember that humans only grow through challenges. A person who lives a protected life with no significant struggles will be spiritually and emotionally stunted. I like to view difficult circumstances as opportunities to cultivate my soul.

Your friend,

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back