Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am only back because my symptoms have gotten worse and my neuro wants to do a Repetitive Nerve Stimulation test.

I was just wondering if anybody has information on what this test can diagnose or if y’all have had it done before. If it’s too much trouble, I completely understand. Thank you

That might be part of the protocol for diagnosing benign fasciculation syndrome. It tests for recruitment of motor units.

I don’t know where else to turn. The weakness I have has gotten worse. I cannot lift my son out of bed. I shake uncontrollably when raising my legs or arms. I’ve been tested for vitamin deficiency, stuff I can’t pronounce, and the doc has confirmed it’s not anxiety.

I found out I’m 4 weeks pregnant and the thought of not being here for my children is unbearable. Doc also confirmed it’s not pregnancy related as I was getting weaker before that. It has been a decline every day. I’m trying to trust God that whatever happens is His will.

I know y’all can’t give me a magical answer. I just know I’m terrified.

I am sorry. It is extra scary when you are pregnant!

Have you talked with your doctor about what is on the table/ what they are looking for? That test is sometimes used to evaluate for mg which has treatment.

She doesn’t give me much information. I have tried to ask her questions, specifically if my emg was done too early as the only symptom I had at the time were twitching for 20 days. She never answers my question directly. I was cleared of MS. All my vitamins check out including tests for stuff I’ve never heard of.

I’m trying to keep it together for the baby. I also can’t get out of her what cramps are like.

Did you ask what is in your differential? That is more likely to get a straight answer. And I said mg ( myasthenia gravis) not ms

No ma’am. I will ask her next time.

Very sorry, I misread words a lot. I’m stuck on ALS because every time I go to PCP, it gets brought up. One actually googled my symptoms which really made me not trust him.

Your EMG can never be done too early if you are having any symptoms.

I was still very strong and could do everything when I had my first EMG. We weren't even thinking ALS but the results of my EMG changed all.

No matter what you have or even if you have nothing, I know enough about anxiety to tell you that you have it. Anxiety/worry makes everything worse. If you have pain, anxiety will make it much worse. Anxiety can make twitches worse, dry out your mouth, and throw off just about every system in your body.

For your sake and the sake of your baby, please find a primary care physician who can help you. If your PCP is bringing up ALS, he needs to call your neurologist and be set straight. If you are bringing it up, I don't know what to say except please stop.

From your last post it sounds like you are seeing more than one PCP. Why?

My neuro saw fit to move up my RNS/EMG to today.

Is it possible for cramps not to hurt? I can feel a contraction in my leg. It will hold and then let go but it’s not painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back