Other
Country
US
State
NY
City
Merrick
Hello All!

I have been having some concerning symptoms for about 6 weeks, which doesn’t seem too long but in that short time I have seen my PCP and Neurologist.

I had a EMG done 5 weeks after onset of Fasciculations, the EMG picked up nothing. I didn’t feel an Fasciculations at the time of the test but they are generally happening frequently all day.

These are not “rippling” or anything of that matter, like a pop here a pop there, and I mean everywhere! (Legs/arms/feet/hands/face/back/abdomen) that being said, would the EMG or NCT picked up on anything? I now have cramping feelings in my muscles but not like stop you I’m your tracks cramps.

My doctor only ordered the test because I showed bilateral brisk reflexes (deep tendon) and Fasciculations.

I just am trying to figure out if I need a follow up EMG or I need to move on with this whole ordeal and chalk it up to anxiety (which at this point in through the roof).

I did read the stickies, but hearing from actually people, would make me feel a TON better. I just don’t understand how these symptoms can just start, and I feel like chalking it up to BFS after only one test is concerning.

Thanks for the help!

Clean EMG rules out ALS. If you read the sticky, you’ll find out the EMG can not be done too early.

Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless. Brisk reflexes are nonspecific. Lots of people have them.

In the absence of documented weakness, muscle function failure, or characteristic EMG abnormalities, you’re cleared of ALS.

Time to move on.

Yeah. Go with the anxiety.

The EMG would have picked up any problems BEFORE the problem became visible, so there is no problem there for the EMG to pick up. Yay!

Brisk reflexes are common, twitching is common.

It sounds like you are totally normal in every way. Keep it up. No ALS.

Thank you so much. I have already contacted a therapist to hopefully help me with my anxiety - I truly appreciate your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back