Diagnosis
06/2013
Country
US
State
Washington
City
Yakima
Yesterday my RT from from the local oxygen and Trilogy supplier, went to exchange a refurbished Trilogy 100 for mine. Mine has over the number of hours before overall.

After the " new ventilator" was fastened to the back of my wheelchair and the settings were being input to match mine, I asked " Harvey, is the odor of stale cigarettes, the ventilator or you?" Joyce pulled the hose off my mask and up to her nose and yuck, and let Harvey smell. He was apologetic, explaining that the Trilogy's and other ventilators are grouped into smoking and non-smoking.

Took hours after Harvey left with the filthy smelling Trilogy before the stench left my sinuses. :-(

With my respiratory problems, I have become super sensitive to cigarette smoke.

I can't imagine what it must have been like for you. It is hard to believe that actually happened.

I know mistakes are sometimes made, but some mistakes just should not happen.

Good luck getting the smoke stench out of nostrils.

Steve

Sounds awful! I can't image people smoking in the same room as someone on a trilogy.

Bruce, That's horrible.

I've always been sensitive to both smoke and perfume. Both provoked migraines. Before online teaching I had to separate the smokers' papers from the non-smokers' papers and grade the smoker ones outside. I also can't tolerate flowers from florists because they are sprayed with chemicals to keep them fresh.

My place is fragrance free and I use all fragrance free products with the exception of a few household cleansing products.

It's really sad how addictive cigarettes are. While I was in practice, I've had patients with end stage emphysema on oxygen account of their smoking and still smoking. Fortunately the odor cleared up from my sinuses before bedtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back